Located near Tien Sa port, Tien Sa Beach in Danang is gradually attracting the attention of tourists. This place is not only associated with the myth of the descending fairies but also mesmerizes people with its poetic and charming beauty. Moreover, it is an ideal destination for tourists to relax, camp, and organize events while traveling to Danang. If you feel tired and troubled, plan to visit Tien Sa Beach once, and it is a way to refresh and rejuvenate yourself.
Introduction to Tien Sa Beach Danang that attracts tourists
Tien Sa Beach owns a fascinating and charming beauty.
Located in the northeast of Danang, Tien Sa Beach is surrounded by a vast mountainous area adjacent to the mysterious Tien Sa beach. Combining both mountain and sea elements, Tien Sa is like a beautiful and graceful maiden that can easily make travelers fall in love at first sight.
It is ideal that Tien Sa Beach is blessed by nature with such a romantic and lovely scenery. Although it does not have a vast and abundant beach like My Khe, Tien Sa Beach has a long white sandbank that is nestled among the forests, creating an alluring and mystical attraction. The sea water here is blue, and the waves are calm and gentle.
Travelers can freely explore the unique ecosystem.
Nestled in the heart of Son Tra Peninsula, where the flora and fauna are incredibly diverse, Tien Sa Beach becomes even more special. When coming to Tien Sa Beach, tourists can admire a unique and fresh green carpet of vegetation.
Together with that, there are countless forest animals such as monkeys, deer, and other rare species like the brown-shanked douc langur, jungle cat, and silver-backed chevrotain that are included in Vietnam’s Red Book. Surely, you will be surprised when a group of monkeys suddenly appears in front of you one morning. They look incredibly cute and are not afraid of people.
The meaning of the name Tien Sa tourist area.
According to the local legend, the name Tiên Sa originates from a romantic story. It is said that in the past, enchanted by the beauty of Son Tra peninsula, fairy women flew down to swim at this beach. They even left their fairy wings on the rocks to frolic freely. One day, a fisherman saw them and secretly hid one pair of wings.
At the end of the day, when the fairies had to return to the sky, one fairy could not fly away because she had lost her wings. From then on, they lived happily together. However, when the girl did not return to the sky, the Jade Emperor made it rain and called the wind down to the earth. She had to hurriedly fly back, leaving her lover in sorrow. Eventually, she also turned into a rock, and the people, touched by their eternal love, named the place Tiên Sa.
The best time to visit Tien Sa Beach.
Tiên Sa tourist area is famous for its beach and natural scenery. Therefore, to have a wonderful time, you should choose sunny days to visit. Generally, the weather in Da Nang is divided into two seasons: a long dry season from March to August and a long rainy season from September to February of the following year.
The ideal time to visit Tiên Sa is during the dry season when the weather is extremely sunny, nature is beautiful, and the sea is crystal clear. Activities such as swimming, sunbathing, surfing, and team building are only possible on dry days. On the other hand, during the rainy days, Tiên Sa tourist area is quite deserted.
Follow the weather forecast in Da Nang every day to have the most perfect trip to Tien Sa beach.
Location and directions to Tien Sa tourist area.
Where is Tien Sa eco-tourism located?
Nestled amidst a mountainous area and sea, within the jurisdiction of the Son Tra Nature Reserve, Tien Sa tourist area is located at the end of Yet Kieu street, Tho Quang ward, Son Tra district. It is approximately 9km northeast of the city center of Danang. With an elevation of nearly 700m above sea level, from afar, Tien Sa resembles a mushroom shape, with the head being Son Tra peninsula and the stem being a long golden sand beach.
Directions to Tien Sa Cat tourism area.
Tien Sa is now a famous tourist area in Danang, and everyone knows it. To get here, you can easily search on Google Maps or follow the directions below.
- Route 1: From Dragon Bridge – go straight onto Vo Van Kiet street – at the end of the road, turn left onto Vo Nguyen Giap street – go straight towards Son Tra peninsula – turn left onto Le Duc Tho street – at the intersection, turn left onto Yet Kieu street – go straight to the end of the road to reach Tien Sa tourist area.
- Route 2: From the city center – ask for directions to Nguyen Tat Thanh coastal road – turn right and go straight to Thuan Phuoc bridge – cross the bridge and enter Le Duc Tho street – turn left onto Yet Kieu street – go straight to the end of the road to reach Tien Sa tourist area.
- Route 3: From Dragon Bridge (or Tran Thi Ly Bridge), go straight across the bridge – at Ngô Quyền street (QL14B), turn left – go straight and you will see Yet Kieu street – go straight to the end of the road to enter Tien Sa tourist area.
Note: You can take any of the three routes above, they are very wide and easy to follow. Route 1 is a coastal road, passing through My Khe beach, offering a beautiful view of Son Tra peninsula ahead. Route 2 has four lanes and is busy with traffic. Route 3 is the shortest if you start from the city center. For those staying near My Khe, it is recommended to take route 1 as it is closer.
Choosing transportation to get to Tien Sa tourist area
Depending on your purpose of visiting the Tien Sa Ecotourism Area, whether it’s for leisure or relaxation, there are different transportation options to choose from. Here are some options you can consider.
- Motorbike: This is the most independent and free mode of transportation, which is very suitable for young people. If you only want to go to Tien Sa for a day, a motorbike is extremely reasonable, both cost-saving and flexible according to your schedule. You can rent a motorbike at shops or hotels for prices ranging from 120-150k/day.
- Taxi: As a tourist city, there are many cars in Danang, so if you don’t want to drive yourself, you can take a taxi for convenience. This mode of transportation is suitable for groups, families with children, coming to Tien Sa for relaxation. Compared to driving yourself, taking a taxi is safer, and you don’t have to spend effort renting a motorbike and finding the way like a motorbike.
- Private car: If you intend to visit more places, instead of taking a taxi, you should choose the option of a private car with a driver from DanangPrivateCar.com’s. This way, our driver will take you through the famous destinations of Son Tra Peninsula according to the itinerary you want. With a private car, you can go or stop as you like, and return whenever you want.
Book a Private Car with driver in Da Nang from DanangPrivateCar.com now and you will have the best trip ever.
The most interesting activities at Tien Sa Danang Tourist Area
This is probably the most exciting activity you will experience when coming to Tien Sa. This place owns cool and clear seawater, with a long stretch of golden sandy beach. Lost in the midst of the blue ocean, surrounded by rocks and mountains, the space for fun becomes more romantic and peaceful. Because the seawater here is transparent, you can see everything underneath which is fascinating.
Camping and team building
Thanks to the long sandy beach, Tien Sa beach is also famous as an ideal place to organize beach activities and team building. If you go with a large group, you can organize games right on the beach such as tug of war, beach volleyball or countless other team building activities. In addition, Tien Sa tourist area is also famous for adventure games, attracting young people to participate such as coral diving, jet skiing, paragliding. Don’t miss the chance to experience the fun of fishing and catching seafood with fishermen.
When the sunset begins to fall, it is also the time when Tien Sa beach puts on a completely different coat, calm and gentle. This is also an ideal time for you and your friends or relatives to set up tents and camp right on the beach. What could be better than setting up a charcoal stove, organizing a barbecue party to enjoy, singing and chatting all night, feeling the peaceful space in your heart.
At Tien Sa tourist area, there are many accompanying services to meet the diverse entertainment needs of tourists. Kite rental, swimwear, float, karaoke, tent houses. In particular, here you can contact to use services such as high-speed canoes to visit Danang Bay, cruising Han River by tourist boat or watching fireworks on Han River.
Which hotel to stay in when visiting Tien Sa Tourist Area
Currently, Tien Sa Retreat Da Nang is investing in a resort to meet the needs of tourists for resting and staying. With a total of 8 bungalows and 30 rooms, clean and convenient facilities promise to provide tourists with a cozy and comfortable place to sleep and rest. The price for a bungalow here is around 400k VND/night, while a room costs around 200k VND/night.
If you only plan to visit Tien Sa for one day, it is not necessary to stay at Tien Sa Retreat, but rather choose hotels near the beach. This will be more convenient for visiting other attractions in the city. According to reviews, My Khe Beach is the area with the most hotels and guesthouses, and is also the ideal place to stay.
What to eat when visiting Tien Sa Beach?
The Tien Sa Retreat area has a restaurant specializing in serving fresh seafood, with listed prices and attentive service. If you do not like to order food at the restaurant, you can enjoy fresh seafood at the fishing rafts on the sea. If you plan to camp, remember to bring barbecue equipment to organize a BBQ party in the evening.
Check out more of the best seafood restaurants in Danang. Top 12 Best Seafood Restaurants in Da Nang
Suggested famous restaurants and eateries near Tien Sa tourist area.
Inside Tien Sa tourist area, there are seafood restaurants serving local specialties of Da Nang. However, because it is located in a resort area, prices are not really cheap, and the food is not too diverse. Specifically, it is more suitable for tourists staying here, while those who travel independently and want to explore can go to nearby restaurants and eateries to save costs and have more options. Most of the restaurants and eateries in the Tien Sa area specialize in fresh seafood.
Suggested good and affordable seafood restaurants near Tien Sa:
- Ba Ro Seafood: 115 Ly Tu Tan, Tho Quang, Son Tra, Da Nang
- Nam Danh Seafood: 139/59/38 Tran Quang Khai, Tho Quang, Son Tra, Da Nang
- Rang Seafood Restaurant: 51 Nguyen Sang, Man Thai, Son Tra, Da Nang
- Be Man Quan: Lot 8 Vo Nguyen Giap, Man Thai, Son Tra, Da Nang
- A Ty Quan: Lot 11 Le Duc Tho, Nai Hien Dong, Son Tra, Da Nang
- Eo Bien Quan: 94 Ngo Cao Lang, Tho Quang, Son Tra, Da Nang
Places near Tien Sa tourist area in Da Nang that you should visit.
As it is also located in Son Tra area, it is convenient and easy for you to access some beautiful places nearby. For example, Black Rock Beach, Bac Beach, Nam Beach, Linh Ung Pagoda, Thousand-year-old Tree, My Khe Beach, etc. To be able to visit many places without feeling rushed or constrained, remember to plan and arrange your schedule most reasonably. The best plan is to visit the places on the Son Tra peninsula in the morning and go back to Tien Sa for swimming and seafood in the afternoon.
Book a private car trip from Da Nang to Son Tra Peninsula now to save time and money.
Some notes to remember when visiting Tien Sa Tourist Area in Da Nang.
- Although there are many roads leading to Tien Sa, with a distance of less than 10km, the asphalt roads are invested widely, flat and easy to travel, but you need to be extremely careful. Especially, the Ngô Quyền route has a lot of containers traveling, especially in the area near Tien Sa port. You should pay attention to the steering wheel, move slowly and carefully to ensure safety.
- Before coming to Tien Sa tourist area, you should prepare fully with some items including clothing, common medicines such as insect repellent, stomach ache, fever, dizziness. If you want to organize a picnic, you need to bring fast food such as cakes, fruits or pre-prepared food.
- To preserve the beautiful landscape, you should not litter and clean up after the picnic. Especially, there should be no harmful actions to nature such as breaking branches or harming wildlife.
All experiences when visiting Tien Sa Tourist Area in Da Nang are summed up here, hoping that everyone will have more useful information for the upcoming trip. Among hundreds of tourist destinations in Da Nang, Tien Sa Beach is an ideal place to “escape the world”, giving you the opportunity to immerse yourself in the vast sea and enjoy exciting moments.