Da Nang Museum of Cham Sculpture is a destination you should not miss when Traveling to Da Nang . This place emerges to attract tourists to admire the precious heritage of the Cham people. Let’s find out detailed information of the only Cham museum in Vietnam with Danang Private Car’s.
Overview of Danang Museum of Cham Sculpture
The Cham Pa Sculpture Museum in Da Nang is a place to preserve the cultural values of the ancient Champa Kingdom. This place becomes an attractive destination for tourists when coming to Da Nang city. People will witness with their own eyes the precious artifacts and discover more about the history of the flourishing Champa period.
History of the museum of Cham sculpture
Construction of the Cham Sculpture Museum was started in 1915 by the French. The idea of building the museum originated from the fact that French archaeologists conducted large-scale archaeological excavations. They needed a place to store and display the found artifacts.
The museum was inaugurated in 1919 with 160 antiques. In 1930, the first expansion was carried out because the number of additional artifacts unearthed was quite large. However, in 1946, the Franco-Vietnamese war broke out throughout the country, so the Cham Museum was heavily looted.
After more than 40 years, the museum expanded its scale for the second time to increase its display area, research room, and antique restoration workshop in 2002.
From 2005 to 2016, Da Nang city restored and upgraded the museum with the support of French experts. In 2011, the Cham Sculpture Museum became the first-class museum in Vietnam. Thereby affirming the great role of the museum in preserving and promoting the historical and cultural values of Champa.
Address of Cham Sculpture Museum
Da Nang Cham Sculpture Museum is located at the intersection of Trung Nu Vuong Street and September 2nd Street. Opposite is Vietnam Television Center VTV8. Thanks to its convenient location and easy to find, this is a place that attracts a large number of domestic and foreign tourists to visit.
- Address: No. 2, September 2, Da Nang.
Opening hours and ticket prices to visit the Da Nang Cham Sculpture Museum
How much is the entrance ticket to Da Nang Sculpture Museum ? Da Nang Cham Museum opening hours? Let’s answer the questions that visitors ask when they intend to visit the museum.
Sightseeing opening time
If you intend to visit the Museum of Cham Sculpture, you need to pay attention to the operating hours of the museum. According to the latest announcement, from January 1, 2023, the museum will be open to welcome visitors from 7:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. daily.
Ticket price to visit Da Nang Carving Sculpture Museum 2023
The issue of ticket prices is always the first concern of tourists when they intend to explore the famous tourist attractions in Da Nang . Currently, the ticket price for the Da Nang Cham Sculpture Museum in 2023 has been widely announced as follows:
- Adults: 60,000 VND/person/time.
- Students: 10,000 VND/person/time.
Route and means of transportation to Danang Museum of Cham Sculpture
Cham Sculpture Museum is about 3km from the center. Become a famous attraction for all ages in Da Nang. Below are suggestions for routes and means of transport you can choose to move to the museum.
Routes to the museum
Thanks to the convenient location, moving here is also faster. You can refer to the following two routes to Danang Museum of Cham Sculpture :
- Route from Da nang airport to museum:
The distance from the airport to here is very close, about 3km. From the airport you move on Duy Tan street, turn right to Nguyen Van Linh street. You just need to go straight to the Dragon Bridge, look to the right to see the museum, then turn to September 2.
See More: Da Nang Airport to Hoi An Via Museum
- Route from bus station to museum:
Going from the bus station will take more time because the distance is quite long, about 10km. From the bus station, you follow the Nguyen Van Tao – Ton Duc Thang road to the Hue fork overpass.
Continue going straight on Dien Bien Phu street, come to the park on March 29, then turn right to Nguyen Van Linh street. You move straight to the Dragon Bridge, look on your right hand to see the Da Nang Cham Sculpture Museum and turn onto September 2.
In addition, here are the distances from some typical spots to the museum for your reference:
- From Han market: 1.1km
- From Chicken Church: 1km
- From My Khe beach: 4.2km
- From Asia Park: 2.9km
- From train station: 4km
- From the harbor: 12km
The means of transportation are chosen by many tourists
Traffic in the area of Da Nang Cham Sculpture Museum has been planned to be upgraded. You can freely choose your favorite means of transportation, just turn on google map to easily find your way.
- Motorbike: Motorcycle is a popular means of transport in Da Nang. For tourists, you can rent motorbikes at car rental facilities and hotels. The price ranges from 100,000 VND to 150,000 VND/car/day depending on the vehicle type and does not include petrol.
- Private Car: Tourist car is also very developed in Da Nang. Large groups often have a shuttle bus according to a very convenient package tour. Small groups and families can catch the car through the app, hotel or rent a car with drive in Da Nang. Danangprivatecar.com’s is very welcome to welcome you to visit, our driver will pick you up anywhere you want. Contact us
- Taxi: Taxi is always the most optimal means for tourists because they do not have to worry about the way or the weather. Taxi prices in Da Nang are clearly listed, ranging from 11,000 VND / km – 18,000 VND / km depending on the company and the number of kilometers traveled.
- Bus: This is the most economical option for tourists, the fare is only from 5,000 VND to 10,000 VND / way. However, the route to the Cham museum is quite small, the time between routes is from 20-30 minutes.
Interpretation service about Da Nang Cham Sculpture Museum
With the desire to help visitors better understand the history of the Cham sculpture museum and its long-standing cultural values. The Da Nang Cham Pa Sculpture Museum offers an additional interpretation service for everyone. There are two forms: automatic narration and on-site guide.
Automatic narration form
The automatic mode of narration has been put into use since 2015. For the purpose of introducing the Da Nang Cham Sculpture Museum through the pre-recorded voiceover. This is the ideal choice for solo travelers or small groups.
With just a smartphone, you can easily access the application and start your history discovery journey.
- Step 1: access the Wifi system at the museum
- Step 2: Open a web browser and go to https://chamaudio.com
- Step 3: Tourists choose Vietnamese, English, French languages and objects they want to find out information about. You can scan the QR code next to the object or listen to the sequence available in the app.
Narrated by tour guide at point
The form of interpretation of the Cham Sculpture Museum in Da Nang by the guide will be suitable for groups and groups with a large number of people.
Guides often have in-depth cultural and historical knowledge. A good guide can evoke the heroic history of the nation and fuel the fire of patriotism in each of us.
- Service time: 7:30 a.m. to 11 a.m. and 1 p.m. to 5 p.m.
- Languages: Vietnamese, English, French.
- Valid for groups of 5 or more people
Note: Groups that require English or French guides must contact the education department and explain their registration 3 days in advance.
You can refer to some tours in Da Nang(Tour Hue From Da Nang) after visiting the Da Nang Cham Museum
Features at Danang Museum of Cham Sculpture
Cham Sculpture Museum is famous for its unique architecture, the convergence of Eastern and Western cultures. Impressed by the design and historical stories surrounding the Champa dynasty, visitors have flocked here to admire.
Space to display historical and cultural values
The total area is up to 6,673m2 divided into 16 different areas. Currently, the Cham Sculpture Museum in Da Nang is storing more than 2,000 precious antiques, with about 500 artifacts on display for visitors to visit.
The artifacts are arranged into compartments corresponding to the excavated geographical location, including the following rooms:
- My Son Room
- Tea Room
- Dong Duong Room
- Quang Binh Room, Quang Tri, Hue
- Danang Room
- Quang Nam Room
- Quang Ngai Room
- Tower Room
- Binh Dinh Room, Kon Tum
Most of the sculptures date from the 7th to 15th centuries. The ancient Cham people used 3 main materials to create antiques such as copper, sandstone and terracotta.
The works often reflect the culture and beliefs of Champa country. Each place in the territory of Champa will have its own unique features in shaping and architecture.
Discover the unique Gothic architecture at Cham museum
Under French design, Da Nang Cham Sculpture Museum is a unique combination of European Gothic architecture and ancient Cham Pa sound.
Conspicuous features of this style are the buildings with arched domes and pointed tops. The rooms are designed to be open, with many glass windows to take advantage of natural light to adorn the artifacts.
The campus outside the museum is extremely airy thanks to the rows of green old trees. Surrounded by white porcelain flowers.
The Cham Museum appears in front of visitors full of antiquity with a golden wall covered with moss. All blends have created a classic, luxurious space dyed with time.
Recreate the life of Champa Kingdom
Da Nang Museum of Cham Sculpture has recreated a prosperous period of the Champa Kingdom.
The sculptures clearly reflect the spiritual life and religious beliefs of the ancient Cham people. After two times of restoration and upgrading, the museum still retains its original beauty.
See the three national antiquities
In addition to antiques of precious historical value, the Da Nang Cham Sculpture Museum is currently preserving 6 antiques recognized as national treasures.
- Statue of Bodhisattva Tara: Dating back to the 9th century, made of pure copper. This is the largest bronze artwork of Champa sculpture.
- Tra Kieu altar is an immortal masterpiece of Cham sculpture. Tra Kieu altar with Linga – Yoni set above, below depicting excerpts from the famous Ramayana epic of Hindu scriptures.
- My Son E1 altar: Found while excavating the E1 tower block in the Cham Pa temple complex at My Son. Compared with other altars, My Son altar depicts the daily life of Hindu monks.
- Dong Duong altar: It is the largest altar of all altars. Antiquities are embossed with stories related to the life of Buddha Shakyamuni.
- Ganesha Statue: According to Indian mythology, Ganesha is the god of luck and wisdom. Through the hands of the ancient Cham, the god Ganesha appeared in the form of a human body and an elephant’s head.
- Statue of Gajasimha: Statue of Gajasimha is made of sandstone material, shaped like an elephant’s head and a lion’s body. This is a sacred animal in Indian mythology, symbolizing the power of the gods and the majesty of the king.
The meaning of Da Nang Cham Sculpture Museum from past to present
Da Nang Cham Pa Sculpture Museum has great significance for the Cham people, Da Nang city and the whole country. This becomes the only place to preserve the Cham cultural values of the whole country.
For the Cham people
Champa country was a strong country from 192 to 1832. To this day, the Cham people are living in the South Central and Southern provinces.
Despite going through many changes, the Cham people still keep their traditions from the past. The museum will be the place to store the most heroic and sacred memories of the ancestors of the Cham people.
For Da Nang
Originally, this was just a place to keep the artifacts found by French archaeologists. Gradually , Da Nang Cham Sculpture Museum has become an interesting destination for domestic and foreign tourists.
Today, people often tend to seek and learn new things in the city they set foot in. The strong promotion of the Cham museum will contribute to the further development of the local tourism industry. In particular, the historical knowledge and cultural values will be handed down forever.
For the country of Vietnam
The Cham Pa Sculpture Museum is the largest museum preserving the unique values of the Cham people in the country. Temples, statues, beliefs, religions, traditional craft villages, festivals, music, costumes, writing, and patterns. All are extremely valuable legacies left over after more than a millennium has passed.
Must-try specialties when visiting Da Nang Cham Sculpture Museum
If you have finished exploring the Cham Museum in Da Nang , but if you are hungry, don’t worry. Make a note of the wonderful specialties that you must try when coming to Da Nang below.
Rice paper rolls with pork
Rice paper rolls with pork are not too strange in Vietnamese cuisine. However, in Da Nang, this dish has a different taste with its own characteristics.
The dew-dried rice paper creates flexibility and toughness, the selected pork must be lean and fatty meat. Dipping sauce is considered the soul of the dish, because in Da Nang, people dip it with fish sauce instead of fish sauce.
Da Nang pancakes are as big as your hand, the crust is just right, and golden on both sides. When eating, the crust is crispy like it melts in the mouth and the aftertaste is a bit sweet and fatty of coconut milk.
The filling is extremely diverse from beef, pork, seafood depending on your choice. Banh xeo dipping sauce in Da Nang is also very rich such as sweet and sour fish sauce, seasoning sauce, peanut sauce.
Around the Cham Sculpture Museum in Da Nang , there are quite a few delicious noodle shops. Large noodles served with rich marinated toppings. The broth has a sweet and greasy taste, when eating, the seller fills with water, not full.
Served with a delicious bowl of Quang noodles are raw vegetables, roasted peanuts, chili sauce, and grilled rice paper. Quang noodles in Da Nang are richly varied such as: chicken noodles, beef noodles, frog noodles, meat shrimp noodles, snakehead fish noodles.
Fish noodle soup
A bowl of fish noodle soup in the right way will have a sweet taste from pumpkin, cabbage and a little sour taste from pineapple and tomato. There are two types of fish cakes used: fried fish cakes and steamed fish cakes. The piece of fish cake has moderate toughness, moderate fat, not too dry, the meat is not friable. To increase the flavor of this vermicelli dish, it must be served with fish sauce, pickled purple onions, and crushed garlic and chili.
Ba Lien tea
The shop’s “best seller” is Thai tea with its own heirloom recipe. The greasy coconut milk with rich toppings. In addition, the shop also has many other delicious dishes such as jelly, flan ice cream, Khuc Bach tea, green bean tea, durian tofu, milk tofu, butter cream, etc.
Nam O fish salad
Nam O fish salad is named after the birthplace of this dish, Nam O fishing village. Herring fillets use vinegar or lemon to make rare.
Then, if you eat dry salad, mix it with hearing powder, and wet salad will mix with mixed fish sauce. Eat with fish salad with grilled rice paper, raw vegetables, wild vegetables, green bananas, star fruit, sliced mango.
Besides the Cham Sculpture Museum in Da Nang, what other museums are there?
In addition to the Cham Museum of Da Nang , there are many other interesting museums that you can visit. Each place will preserve and keep different artifacts according to their own themes.
Da Nang Museum is a place to display valuable memorabilia, documents and images about the city’s culture and history. The museum space consists of 3 floors:
1st floor: Display of artifacts and images of natural conditions; traditional craft villages; Da Nang in the Prehistory – Prehistory; life of fishermen and seaports; traditional agriculture; antiquities collection; Da Nang urban area before 1975; Danang integration – development.
2nd floor: The city during the period of resistance against the US and France; evidence of the US military war in the battlefields of Quang Nam – Da Nang and South Vietnam.
3rd floor: Production labor tools, clothes, jewelry, beliefs and customs of ethnic minorities; weaving and knitting of ethnic groups; Typical musical instrument of the mountainous people in Da Nang – Quang Nam.
- Address: 24 Tran Phu, Thach Thang, Hai Chau, Da Nang.
- Hours of operation: 8:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. and 1:30 p.m. to 5:00 p.m., from Tuesday to Sunday.
- Ticket price: 20,000 VND/person. Free application for children, students, students, people with disabilities, the elderly (>60 years old), Da Nang – Quang Nam people, diplomatic guests.
Dong Dinh Museum
Dong Dinh Museum is the only private museum licensed to build in Son Tra National Forest. Located right in the forest, visitors to the museum feel like they are immersed in the unspoiled natural space.
Besides the Da Nang Cham Sculpture Museum, Dong Dinh Museum is a place to preserve ancient artifacts of cultures such as: Dai Viet culture, Cham Pa culture, Sa Huynh culture. The exhibition area consists of 4 main areas: antique display area, fine art exhibition area, ethnographic gallery, fishing village memory house.
- Address: Suoi But, Hoang Sa Street, Tho Quang, Son Tra, Da Nang.
- Hours of operation: 8am – 5pm every day
- Ticket price: 20,000 VND/person (children under 12 years old are free)
Museum of Fine Arts
Da Nang Museum of Fine Arts is representative of the Central – Central Highlands region, preserving and honoring the valuable artistic heritage of the whole region. The total area of the museum is about 1,185.5m2, divided into 3 different exhibition floors according to each topic:
Floor 1: Space for short-term thematic exhibition, ceremony space and children’s art area.
2nd floor: Display of modern art works in different materials such as oil paint, lacquer, silk and sculptures and graphics; revolutionary war topic area.
3rd floor: Introduction to traditional folk art; a place to store handicraft artifacts of Da Nang and the region.
- Address: No. 78 Le Duan, Hai Chau, Da Nang.
- Hours of operation: 8am – 5pm daily.
- Ticket price: 20,000 VND/person. (Students: 10,000 VND/person and children and students are free)
Suggest famous tourist attractions near Da Nang Cham Sculpture Museum
After visiting the Da Nang Museum of Cham Sculpture , you can refer to some famous tourist attractions near the museum to continue your journey to discover Da Nang.
In front of the Cham Sculpture Museum , you will immediately encounter the new symbol of Da Nang city. Dragon Bridge has important social, economic and cultural significance of the people and the city. The unique design simulates a winding dragon on the bridge body.
At 9 pm every Friday, Saturday, and Sunday night, Dragon Bridge has a fire and water spray show. The weekly event attracts hundreds of visitors to enjoy and admire.
>>> See more: Da Nang Dragon Bridge – Experience watching the dragon bridge spit fire and spray water
Love Bridge has an arc design, heart-shaped lanterns and a statue of a carp turning into a dragon. In particular, Love Bridge is inspired by bridges around the world, when people use locks to engrave the key’s name on the bridge.
Since then, the Love Bridge has become a testament to the couple’s promise, a symbol of the eternal steadfastness in love. This is a famous virtual check-in place that attracts tourists to Da Nang.
About 2km north of Da Nang Cham Sculpture Museum , Chicken Church is a cathedral built during the French colonial period.
Owning an ancient European Gothic style design . The oval door ring and soaring lines are typical of Western churches. Visiting the church in the morning or in the afternoon produces beautiful pictures.
- Address: 156 Tran Phu, Hai Chau, Da Nang.
- Time to do Mass: There are 2 Masses on a weekday at 5 am and 5 pm. Sunday has 6 ceremonies taking place at 5:15, 8am, 10am, 3pm, 5pm, and 6.30pm. Especially at 10 am on Sunday, there will be a ceremony in English.
See more: Da Nang Cathedral – the outstanding unique architecture of the city
Explore the Han market
Da Nang Han Market is an interesting choice for those who love food and want to experience the specialties of Da Nang. The shopping activities here take place on a daily basis.
The items on sale are extremely diverse from: shoes, clothes, accessories, souvenirs, dining, fresh food, …
- Address: 119 Tran Phu, Hai Chau, Da Nang.
- Operating time: 6am – 10pm
Asia Park Danang
Asia Park is the next attractive destination you should experience after visiting the Da Nang Cham Sculpture Museum . Asia Park is a modern entertainment complex, recreating the architectural and cultural space of 10 Asian countries.
It also regularly organizes countless impressive events and festivals that attract many visitors.
- Address: No. 1 Phan Dang Luu, Hoa Cuong Bac, Hai Chau, Da Nang.
- Operating time: 3pm – 10pm
See more: Asia Park Da Nang : experience & ticket price
Check-in pictures of visitors at Da Nang Cham Sculpture Museum
Cham Sculpture Museum is a destination that attracts many tourists and young people in Da Nang. Besides the historical and cultural values that the museum brings, this is also a place that young people love to check-in. The artistic space through the lens becomes even more attractive.
The museum campus is chosen by everyone to take pictures – photos from the account le_thuy_xuan_duongArtistic space – photo from account mai_linh0209Unique sculptures – photo from account aclyoneustThe ideal stopover for those who love to experience the ancient memory domainInternational visitors are excited to admire valuable antiques and listen to mysterious historical storiesPresident of India visits Champa Sculpture Museum
Notes when visiting the Cham Pa Sculpture Museum in Da Nang
Each museum will have its own rules for visitors to visit. Take note of some of the notes below to make your visit to the Da Nang Cham Sculpture Museum more perfect.
- It is recommended to buy tickets at the gate to avoid being tricked into buying fake tickets without the museum’s seal.
- Maintain general hygiene, do not smoke or eat on the premises.
- Dress politely and neatly when visiting.
- Do not touch artifacts and pictures in the exhibition space.
- Do not climb, break trees or sit on artifacts and display platforms.
- It is not allowed to film or take photos of artifacts and post them on social networking sites without the consent of the museum.
- Filming and taking photos only where permitted.
- Do not bring weapons, dangerous items, easy to cause injury, explosives into the museum. Intentional violations will be administratively sanctioned.
- Do not bring luggage into the museum, large luggage over 3kg can be stored at the luggage counter. Don’t send valuables, if lost, the museum will not be responsible.
In addition to bustling entertainment places, Da Nang also has Cham Sculpture Museum Da Nang is an enchanting cultural and religious destination. In the quiet nostalgic space, visitors will surely know more about a flourishing country in ancient times.