Ly Son has never “cooled down” on the tourist map of Vietnam. But in a way, this place is not crowded or crowded like other famous places. Ly Son is always beautiful, gentle and enchanting to anyone – an ideal place to have a “healing” trip from body to mind. Listen to Mavis Vi Vu Ky – a famous travel blogger who reveals her self-sufficient 3D2D Ly Son travel experience !
“Although it has been a few days since I left Ly Son, Mavis is still in awe of the image of a peaceful island, clear blue water and a beautiful picture in every corner . “ – that is Mavis’s share after the trip to Ly Son.
Here are the Ly Son travel experiences that Mavis has summarized, let’s check it out!
When to go to Ly Son?
Going to the sea is best to go in the dry season. Ly Son’s beautiful beach season lasts from April to August every year. Blue sea and golden sunshine flooded on the fine white sand beaches.
How to get to Ly Son
- From Saigon , I flew to Chu Lai airport and booked a taxi to Sa Ky port of Quang Ngai, priced at 450,000 VND/way.
- From Sa Ky port , there are many trains to go to Ly Son. We all take the Super Speedboat East Sea , going 213,000 VND in the afternoon and 195,000 VND in the afternoon (travel time is about 45 minutes).
- From Big Island to Small Island , you can travel by canoe, costing 120,000/round trip (only about 15 minutes away).
- Moving on the island: both Big Island and Small Island have motorbike rental services right at the homestay!
Where to go, what to play when coming to Ly Son?
To make it easier to imagine, you understand that Ly Son has two main islands, Big Island and Small Island.
Particularly, Big Island will have 2 main arcs:
- The first palace is: Duc pagoda, Bich Hoa street, To Vo gate
- The remaining palace includes Hang Pagoda, Cau Cave, Thoi Loi mountain, flagpole and freshwater lake.
Be Island is smaller, including famous check-in points: Bai Ngang, three maple trees, wharf and An Binh mural village.
3D2D reference schedule from Mavis:
I took an evening flight from Saigon to Chu Lai airport, then took a taxi to my room near Sa Ky port.
- Morning: Take the earliest high-speed train to Big Island – To Vo Gate – Bich Hoa Street – Chua Duc
- Afternoon: Hang pagoda – National flagpole – Cau cave – Hunting sunset on Thoi Loi peak.
- Morning: Mu Cu Lighthouse – Freshwater Lake – panoramic viewpoint of Ly Son
- Noon: canoeing through Be Island – Korean Road – Bai Ngang (where there are colorful baskets and a diving spot to see corals).
- Get up early in the morning to hunt for dawn – take pictures with the wharf – walk around An Binh mural village
- At noon, take a canoe back to Big Island – take the train back to Sa Ky – take a taxi to the airport – fly back to Saigon.
Where to stay in Ly Son?
Sao Mai Hostel (Sa Ky port – 250,000 VND/night): clean, very close to the port, quite ok because only stay 1 night
Kitchen’s House (Lon Island): I highly recommend this place, the homestay decor is super pretty, the owner is cute and enthusiastic.
- Facebook: Kitchen’s House
- Reference price: 350,000 VND/night
- Hotline: 0975 811 117 (see Ngan)
Wind Bien homestay (Be island): because I ran out of single rooms, I booked a room with 2 beds for 400,000 VND/night. The homestay is right next to the sea, there are many beautiful decor corners, near the wharf, there are a few more bungalows there.
- Facebook: Wind Beach homestay & camping
- Reference price: from 120,000 VND/person
- Hotline: 0888920107 – 0372239290
Restaurants must try when coming to Ly Son
Ly Son Island doesn’t have too many choices of eating and drinking, I have eaten at some restaurants and found it quite satisfying.
- Crab noodle soup right at the old wharf gate
- Fish noodle soup opposite the old ticket office (from Cay Xanh cafe, you can see it through the eyes)
- Thanh Loi restaurant: a popular restaurant with few dishes, but delicious and cheap
- Ut Ngoc restaurant: more diverse with a menu of seafood rice, portion rice
Dinner: Tran seafood restaurant at the mural embankment road (from To Vo gate entering)
- Xu Xa (must try this specialty, many shops sell it)
- Tea and smoothie shops in the old wharf
- Seaweed with garlic
Ly Son travel experience – Things to note:
- You need to buy a train ticket to go about 2 days before going to the Big Island, when you arrive, you need to buy a train ticket back to Ben Dinh port 1 day before returning lest you miss out on train tickets.
- Check the weather forecast before you go to avoid rain or rough seas
- Remember to buy a round-trip canoe ticket to Be Island (I asked the homestay to help me)
- Pre-book a taxi from Chu Lai airport to Sa Ky, I contact the guesthouse in Sa Ky to book it to save time.
- If possible, stay at Be Island for 1 night, this is a super peaceful island, clear water, very chill and pleasant atmosphere.
Ly Son Island is a peaceful island with charming poetic scenery and slow pace of life. If you are looking for a Vietnamese version of Hometown Cha Cha Cha, this place will not disappoint you. With Ly Son travel experience from Mavis – hope you will have a complete trip and lots of memories!