If you are a food lover who likes to explore different cuisines, you must have tried Vietnamese food. Vietnam is a country famous for its diverse and delicious food, and one of the most popular Vietnamese dishes is Da Nang Rice Paper Pork Rolls, also known as Banh Trang Cuon Thit Heo in Vietnamese. This dish is not only a popular street food in Vietnam but has gained worldwide recognition due to its unique and delicious taste. In this article, we will provide you with a comprehensive guide to Da Nang Rice Paper Pork Rolls, including their history, ingredients, preparation, and serving suggestions.
About Da Nang rice paper pork rolls
Da Nang Rice Paper Pork Rolls have their roots in central Vietnam, particularly the city of Da Nang. The dish was first introduced in the 1950s and quickly became a favorite among the locals. The rolls are traditionally served during the warm summer months as they are refreshing and light, making them the perfect snack or meal for hot and humid days. Over time, the popularity of the dish spread across Vietnam and other countries, and it is now one of the most popular Vietnamese dishes worldwide.
In fact, pork rice paper rolls are just a popular street food that can be easily found in many provinces and cities throughout the country. However, it has its own unique characteristics that leave a lasting impression on diners because:
- The rice paper is fragrant with the scent of rice, which is exposed to dew to achieve a soft and chewy texture, helping to avoid breakage when rolled.
- The pork is carefully processed, with layers of meat and fat alternating to create an appealing visual appearance. After being cooked, it is sliced thinly, making the meat soft and rich, which is very delicious.
- The accompanying vegetables are not only fresh and green, but also very diverse, including lettuce, herbs, perilla leaves, fish mint, green bananas, sour starfruits, and more.
- The dipping sauce is flavorful with the strong flavor of fish sauce, the spicy aroma of chili, and the sweet and sour taste of pineapple, making every bite of the rice paper roll more delicious.
- Thanks to the perfect combination of all the above ingredients, this specialty dish of Da Nang can easily create a memorable experience for both local and foreign diners. If you have the opportunity to visit the coastal city, be sure to try the delicious and fragrant Da Nang Rice Paper Pork Rolls (Banh Trang Cuon Thit Heo)!
Book a trip now to enjoy the cuisine in Da Nang: Da Nang Car Rental With Driver – Danang Private Car
How to make rice paper rolls with pork in Da Nang
To make Da Nang Rice Paper Pork Rolls, you need the following ingredients:
- Rice paper
- Pork belly or loin
- Rice vermicelli
- Vegetables (lettuce, mint, coriander)
- Bean sprouts
- Dipping sauce (hoisin sauce, peanut sauce, fish sauce)
To prepare Da Nang Rice Paper Pork Rolls, you need to follow these steps:
- Cook the pork: Cut the pork into thin slices and marinate with spices such as salt, sugar, garlic, and shallots. Then, grill or pan-fry the pork until it is cooked and slightly charred.
- Cook the rice vermicelli: Soak the rice vermicelli in water for 5-10 minutes until soft. Then, boil the rice vermicelli for 3-5 minutes until cooked. Drain and rinse with cold water.
- Prepare the vegetables: Wash and dry the vegetables, then chop them into thin slices.
- Prepare the dipping sauce: There are different types of dipping sauces you can use, including hoisin sauce, peanut sauce, or fish sauce. You can also mix different sauces to create your own unique flavor.
- Assemble the rolls: To assemble the rolls, you need to soak the rice paper in warm water for a few seconds until it is soft and pliable. Then, lay the rice paper flat on a plate and add a layer of rice vermicelli, pork, and vegetables. Roll the rice paper tightly, tucking in the sides as you go.
Da Nang Rice Paper Pork Rolls are usually served as a snack or appetizer, but they can also be served as a light meal. They are typically served with dipping sauce, which can be hoisin sauce, peanut sauce, or fish sauce, and garnished with chopped peanuts or crispy fried shallots. These rolls are also perfect for summer barbecues or as a healthy lunch option.
Some suggested places to enjoy delicious pork rolls in Da Nang:
If you are planning to visit Da Nang and want to try some authentic and delicious Da Nang Rice Paper Pork Rolls, there are many places where you can enjoy this famous Vietnamese dish. Here are some recommended places to try:
- Address: 35 Do Thuc Tinh, Cam Le, Da Nang.
- Opening hours: 08:00 – 23:00.
- Reference price: 60,000 – 160,000 VND/piece.
Da Nang pork rice paper roll named Mau is always a familiar dining address for many tourists when visiting Da Nang. The shop is impressed by the rich, spicy, sour and spicy fish sauce that is super stimulating and the soft and delicious dew-dried rice paper.
Quan Mau has an enthusiastic staff, a diverse menu with many attractive Da Nang specialties and affordable prices, so it is loved by many tourists.
Tran Da Nang rice paper shop
- Address: No. 4 Le Duan Street, Hai Chau, Da Nang
- Opening hours: 09:00 – 22:00.
- Reference price: 80,000 – 165,000 VND/piece.
Quan Tran is a famous dining address that you should not miss. The attraction of Tran restaurant is home-grown vegetables that are both fresh and safe, and the specialty of pork with two heads of fat.
Besides, the dipping sauce served with the restaurant’s Da Nang pork roll is also very rich and delicious. Another plus point of the restaurant that visitors love is the spacious, luxurious space and very affordable prices.
Ba Huong Restaurant
- Address: Branch 1 – No. 460 2/9 Street, Hai Chau, Da Nang | Branch 2 – No. 126 Duy Tan, Hai Chau, Da Nang .
- Opening hours: 09:00 – 22:00.
- Reference price: 80,000 – 120,000 VND/piece.
If you want to find an address that serves prepared Da Nang pork rolls , you must immediately visit Ba Huong restaurant. The characteristic of Da Nang Ba Huong’s pork roll is the rich flavor of the dipping sauce, which is difficult to be mixed with any other restaurant. In addition, when ordering, diners can also enjoy green vegetables without being charged by the restaurant. Especially, after finishing your meal, don’t forget to enjoy the super cool and delicious coconut jelly dessert.
Dai Loc Da Nang rice paper shop (Little Dai Loc)
- Address: No. 27/2 Thai Phien Street, Hai Chau, Da Nang.
- Opening hours: 06:30 – 20:30.
- Reference price: 30,000 – 79,000 VND/piece.
Although located in a quiet alley with a small space, Small Quan Dai Loc is always a popular destination for tourists when they want to enjoy Da Nang pork rolls . As the name suggests, the entire space of the restaurant has a bold “sound” of Dai Loc with warm yellow color and 100% rural, delicious and clean ingredients.
The highlight of the restaurant is that the noodle soup is made entirely from Can rice and seasoned fish sauce is processed according to the heirloom recipe found only in Dai Loc, with a very unique taste.
Ba Mua shop
- Address: 19-21 Tran Binh Trong, Hai Chau, Da Nang.
- Opening hours: 06:30 – 21:30.
- Reference price: 30,000 – 50,000 VND/piece.
The brand of Quang Ba Mua Noodles has long been famous near and far, but few people know that the restaurant’s Da Nang pork roll rice paper is equally delicious. The plate of sliced pork belly is full of mixed with fresh green vegetables, delicious noodle soup, soft rice paper and rich dipping sauce, it is truly a Central taste.
Ba Mu restaurant
- Address: 93 Nguyen Chi Thanh Street, Hai Chau, Da Nang.
- Opening hours: 07:00 – 22:00
- Reference price: 60,000 – 165,000 VND/piece.
This is a system of restaurants specializing in serving delicious Da Nang pork rolls that are famous near and far. Ba Mua pork rice paper is quite special with thin slices of boiled pork belly with two very eye-catching ends of fat. Besides, the seasoning sauce is prepared according to its own recipe that is both rich and fragrant. As for the vegetables, the noodle soup served with it is extremely fresh and good quality. Therefore, do not hesitate to visit Ba Mua restaurant system to enjoy Da Nang’s pork rice paper rolls .
- Address: Mr. Ich Khiem, Thanh Khe, Da Nang.
- Opening hours: 08:00 – 17:00.
- Reference price: 35,000 – 70,000 VND/piece.
If you want to have a walk and enjoy all kinds of Da Nang specialties, you can’t help but visit Con Market. When entering the Cho Con food court, in addition to easily enjoying the standard Da Nang pork rolls , there are also countless other delicious dishes that invite you such as grilled pork vermicelli, grilled spring rolls, spring rolls, tea, etc. …
The advantage of the food at Cho Con is that it is quite cheap and delicious, so you can comfortably pat your hungry stomach without worrying about the price.
In conclusion, Da Nang Rice Paper Pork Rolls are a delicious and healthy Vietnamese dish that has gained popularity worldwide due to its unique taste and refreshing nature. Whether you are a food lover or a novice, these rolls are easy to prepare and can be enjoyed as a snack or meal. With this guide, you can prepare Da Nang Rice Paper Pork Rolls at home and impress your friends and family with your culinary skills.