Shopping in Da Nang is a wonderful experience for both locals and tourists. With a wide variety of shopping destinations, from bustling street markets to modern shopping centers, Da Nang offers something for everyone. In this guide, we will provide you with all the information you need to have a successful and enjoyable shopping experience in Da Nang.
Table of Contents
Best Places to Shop in Da Nang
- Address: 119 Đ. Trần Phú, Hải Châu 1, Hải Châu, Đà Nẵng 550000
- Opening Hours: 6:00 AM – 7:00 PM every day
Located in the heart of Da Nang city, Han Market is a must-visit destination for anyone looking for local goods and souvenirs. The market is home to more than 50 vendors selling a wide range of products, including fresh seafood, fruits, vegetables, textiles, handicrafts, and more. Bargaining is expected here, so be prepared to haggle for the best price.
See More: Da Nang To Hoi An Private Car
- Address: 290 Hùng Vương, Vĩnh Trung, Hải Châu, Đà Nẵng 550000
- Opening Hours: 7:00 AM – 7:00 PM every day
Con Market is one of the oldest and largest markets in Da Nang. It is known for its vast selection of fresh produce, meats, seafood, and flowers. The market also has a wide range of clothing, footwear, and handicrafts. You can easily spend hours wandering through the many alleys and shops of this bustling market.
- Address: 910A Ngô Quyền, An Hải Bắc, Sơn Trà, Đà Nẵng 550000, Vietnam
- Opening Hours: 10:00 AM – 9:30 PM every day
If you prefer shopping in a modern, air-conditioned mall, Vincom Plaza is the place for you. This mall features an extensive collection of international and local brands, including Zara, Mango, and Adidas, as well as a variety of restaurants and entertainment options.
- Address: 6 Nại Nam, Hoà Cường Bắc, Hải Châu, Đà Nẵng, Vietnam
- Opening Hours: 8:00 AM – 10:0 PM every day
Lotte Mart is another modern shopping mall that offers a great selection of products, from clothes to electronics. The supermarket in the mall offers a wide range of local and international food, making it a great destination for foodies.
Indochina Riverside Mall
- Address: 74 Bạch Đằng, Hải Châu 1, Hải Châu, Đà Nẵng 550000, Vietnam
- Opening Hours: 9:00 AM – 10:00 PM every day
Indochina Riverside Mall is another modern mall in Da Nang that offers a great shopping experience. The mall features a wide range of shops, from luxury brands to local boutiques. The mall also has a variety of restaurants and cafes, making it a great place to relax and unwind after a long day of shopping.
What to Buy in Da Nang
Da Nang is a city of many specialties, and shopping here is a unique experience that you should not miss. Here are some of the top things you can buy in Da Nang:
Non Nuoc Stone Carvings
These beautiful stone carvings are a must-buy souvenir from Da Nang. Non Nuoc Village is famous for producing these exquisite carvings made from marble and stone.
This is a traditional Vietnamese dress that is a popular souvenir among tourists. You can find a wide range of styles and designs in local shops and markets.
These colorful lanterns are a popular decoration in Vietnam, and you can find them in many shops in Da Nang. They are made of silk and come in various shapes and sizes.
Da Nang is known for its handicrafts, including lacquerware, ceramics, and bamboo products. These items make great souvenirs and gifts.
Seafood Da Nang
Da Nang is a coastal city, and you can find some of the freshest seafood in Vietnam here. Make sure to visit one of the seafood markets and sample some of the local delicacies.
Tips for Bargaining in Da Nang
Bargaining is a common practice in Da Nang’s markets and shops, and it can be a fun and rewarding experience if you know what you’re doing. Here are some tips for bargaining like a local:
- Always start with a lower price than you’re willing to pay. This gives you room to negotiate and still end up with a price you’re comfortable with.
- Do your research and compare prices from different vendors before making a purchase. This will give you an idea of the market price and help you negotiate a better deal.
- Be confident and assertive when bargaining, but also respectful and polite. Keep in mind that the seller is trying to make a living, so don’t lowball them too much.
- Try to negotiate with a smile and a friendly attitude. It can help to build a rapport with the seller and make the bargaining process more enjoyable.
- If you are not satisfied with the price, be prepared to walk away. Often, the seller will call you back and offer a better price.
- If you are buying multiple items from the same seller, try to negotiate a discount for buying in bulk.
Tips for Safe and Enjoyable Shopping in Da Nang
Shopping in Da Nang can be a fun and exciting experience, but it is important to take some precautions to ensure your safety and comfort. Here are some tips to keep in mind:
- Bargain Wisely Bargaining is a common practice in Da Nang, especially at the local markets. However, it is essential to bargain wisely and with respect. Start by asking for a lower price and negotiate from there. Do not engage in aggressive bargaining, as it may offend the seller.
- Keep Your Valuables Safe As with any crowded city, it is essential to keep your valuables safe while shopping in Da Nang. Be mindful of your surroundings and keep your bags and wallets close to you. Avoid carrying large amounts of cash, and use credit or debit cards where possible.
- Research Prices Before You Shop Do some research before you go shopping in Da Nang. Compare prices from different stores and vendors to get a good idea of the price range for the item you are looking for. This will help you avoid overpaying for an item.
- Shop at the Local Markets The local markets in Da Nang are a great place to find unique items, especially when it comes to handicrafts and souvenirs. Some of the best local markets include Han Market, Con Market, and Bac My An Market.
- Check the Quality of the Items When shopping for clothes or souvenirs, be sure to check the quality of the item before making a purchase. Some items may look good at first glance, but upon closer inspection, you may find that they are of poor quality.
- Learn Basic Vietnamese Phrases Learning some basic Vietnamese phrases can be useful when shopping in Da Nang. Not all vendors and sellers may speak English, so being able to communicate in Vietnamese can help you negotiate a better price.
- Be Careful with Street Vendors Street vendors are a common sight in Da Nang, especially near the beach areas. While some vendors may offer excellent items, others may try to sell fake or low-quality products. Be careful when buying from street vendors, and be sure to check the quality of the item before making a purchase.
- Shop at the Malls Da Nang has several modern malls that offer a great shopping experience. These malls are air-conditioned and have a wide range of stores and restaurants. Some of the best malls in Da Nang include Vincom Plaza, Lotte Mart, and Indochina Riverside Mall.
- Try Local Food One of the best things about shopping in Da Nang is the chance to try some of the delicious local food. There are various food stalls and restaurants in the local markets, where you can find traditional Vietnamese food such as Banh Mi, Pho, and Bun Cha.
Da Nang is a shopper’s paradise, and we hope that our guide has provided you with all the information you need to enjoy your shopping experience in this vibrant city. Whether you are looking for high-end designer brands or unique souvenirs, you will find everything you need in Da Nang’s markets and shopping malls. Remember to bargain like a local, take some precautions for your safety and comfort, and respect the local customs and culture. We hope you have a wonderful time shopping in Da Nang!