For your 4-day, 3-night self-sufficient trip to Nha Trang, where to go, what to do, what to eat? Follow the article below from DanangPrivateCar.com to find out more information about what to consider before, during your journey, and some tips you need to know for your entire trip.
What makes the 4-day, 3-night trip to Nha Trang interesting? The diverse natural landscapes, exciting activities, and enchanting photo spots have made Nha Trang the most beloved destination for families and young people. If you’re planning a trip to Nha Trang, be sure to consult this travel guide for a perfect getaway.
Things You Need to Know Before Traveling Self-Sufficiently for 4 Days and 3 Nights in Nha Trang
Ideal Time to Travel to Nha Trang for 4 Days and 3 Nights
The coastal city of Nha Trang is located in the South Central region, boasting a mild and pleasant climate, distinctly divided into two seasons:
- Rainy season: Lasts from September to December each year, with a focus on October and November. If you plan to travel during this period, make sure to regularly check the weather forecast.
- Dry season: From January to August annually. Despite being the dry season, there is usually sunshine throughout, yet the weather in Nha Trang is not as harshly sunny as in the Northern or Northern Central regions. Instead, the atmosphere is comfortable, making it highly suitable for travel.
Note: The months from April to August are peak seasons; therefore, you need to prepare thoroughly when traveling to Nha Trang during this time to avoid encountering sold-out hotel rooms, tickets, or services for various attractions. You can also refer to our article on ‘When Is the Best Time to Travel to Nha Trang?‘ for more information.
Additionally, there are a couple of fascinating experiences you shouldn’t miss. These are the two biggest festivals in Nha Trang each year: the Thap Ba Festival (which takes place from the 20th to the end of the 23rd day of the third lunar month) and the Nha Trang Sea Festival, held on a large scale during odd-numbered years in the summer.
How to Travel to Nha Trang?
Traveling to Nha Trang
For International Travelers: reaching Nha Trang is convenient and offers multiple options. You can either take a flight directly to Cam Ranh Airport, which serves as the main gateway to Nha Trang, or land at Tan Son Nhat International Airport in Ho Chi Minh City. From Ho Chi Minh City, you have the choice of traveling to Nha Trang by air, taking a comfortable bus ride, or using tourist vehicles for a seamless journey. You can book your trip from private car service Ho Chi Minh to Nha Trang with DanangPrivateCar.com’s, ensuring you the fastest journey to Nha Trang.
For Domestic Travelers: You have several options such as airplanes, trains, and buses.
- Airplanes: There are numerous airlines operating flights from Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City to Cam Ranh Airport (Nha Trang) such as Vietjet Air, Vietnam Airlines, and Jetstar. Opting for this choice, you can reach Nha Trang in just 1 to 2 hours, saving a significant amount of time.
- Trains: If you wish to experience a train journey and enjoy scenic views along the way, this is an ideal choice. Train tickets are reasonably priced, and the travel time is moderate. There are many daily train services with various types of compartments traveling to Nha Trang, so you can freely choose according to your preference.
- Buses: If you’re traveling from Hanoi, it will take approximately 26 hours to reach the city of Nha Trang. However, if you’re departing from Ho Chi Minh City, the journey is much shorter, around 7-8 hours. Therefore, if you’re in Hanoi, I recommend choosing an airplane or train to save time. But if you’re in Saigon, the night buses depart, allowing you to have a good night’s sleep and wake up in the beautiful coastal city of Nha Trang the next morning.
Getting Around in Nha Trang
Nha Trang, being one of Vietnam’s top tourist destinations, offers various transportation options for independent travelers:
Renting a Motorbike: Motorbike rental prices in Nha Trang range from 100,000 to 150,000 VND per day. You can directly contact hotels in Nha Trang or private rental services for this option.
Private Travel Car Rental: Utilizing the private travel car rental service with drivers in Nha Trang from DanangPrivateCar.com ensures a swift journey with door-to-door service. With a team of professional drivers proficient in basic English and years of experience serving international guests, your trip will be made incredibly convenient. There’s a fleet of new vehicles offering options ranging from 4 to 45 seats, suitable for all your travel needs.
Taxi: The most popular taxi companies in Nha Trang are Mai Linh Taxi (Hotline: 0258.3.811.811), Nha Trang Taxi (Hotline: 0218.104.22.168.81), and Emasco Taxi (Hotline: 0222.214.171.124.51). It’s advisable to call these taxi companies instead of hailing random taxis if you want to avoid overcharging.
Bus: Nha Trang’s bus system is extremely convenient, with numerous routes covering the city, Cam Ranh Airport, and various tourist destinations. Bus tickets in Nha Trang start from 7,000 VND per trip, making it a perfect choice if you’re looking to save on your travel expenses.
Canoes and Boats: Since most of Nha Trang’s tourist attractions are beach-oriented, besides the mentioned options, you’ll need canoes and boats to reach the islands. If you’re traveling solo or with a small group, joining others can help reduce costs. Conversely, for larger groups, you can consider renting boats or canoes privately for a more comfortable experience.
Suggestions for 4 Days 3 Nights Self-Guided Tourist Spots in Nha Trang
VinWonders Nha Trang
VinWonders Nha Trang, formerly known as Vinpearl Land Nha Trang, is located on the charming Hon Tre Island. It is an exciting entertainment destination loved by many travelers during their 4 days 3 nights trip in Nha Trang.
Here, you can experience various thrilling activities, high-quality artistic performances, extreme sensation games, and explore the ocean world with its marine ecosystem. This place promises to be your favorite spot.
Explore Hon Tre Island
In your 4 days 3 nights Nha Trang travel experience, do not miss out on Hon Tre Island, a beautiful island located about 5km from the city center.
This island boasts pristine beaches and numerous internationally renowned resorts and entertainment facilities. Every year, Hon Tre Island attracts thousands of domestic and international tourists for sightseeing and checking in.
Visit Yang Bay Waterfall
This destination is an ideal choice for travelers who love the untouched beauty of virgin forests. Yang Bay Waterfall is situated in a wide valley spanning 570 hectares, surrounded by vast and majestic mountains and forests. Here, you can visit places where ostriches and bears are raised, enjoy waterfall bathing, watch musical instrument performances, and more.
Explore Yen Island – Hon Noi Nha Trang
This is a fascinating destination you cannot miss in your 4 days 3 nights Nha Trang travel itinerary. When you visit Yen Island, you can admire the exquisite natural scenery, immerse yourself in cool water, and experience many fascinating sightseeing services.
Discover Cam Ranh Beach
If you prefer a peaceful atmosphere, Cam Ranh Beach is a suitable choice for you. With fresh air, blue sea, white sand, and golden sunshine, this place promises to be your favorite destination.
Visit Hon Mun Island
This place is renowned as the most beautiful island in Nha Trang. It is bestowed with stunning natural beauty, featuring blue sea and white sandy beaches. Here, you can enjoy activities such as snorkeling to explore coral reefs, take a glass-bottom boat tour, walk on the seabed, and participate in various other games.
Ponagar Cham Tower Nha Trang
With your 4 days 3 nights Nha Trang travel experience, this might be the most popular destination for travelers. Ponagar Cham Tower not only plays an important role in spiritual life and beliefs but also attracts tourists with its unique architecture.
Doc Let Tourist Area
This place possesses a picturesque natural landscape, with clear blue sea, long stretches of white sand beaches, making Doc Let Tourist Area a perfect stopover for your 3 nights in Nha Trang.
Here, you can enjoy various activities, swim in the sea, explore interesting places, and experience the tranquility and pristine beauty that it has maintained despite the natural and human changes.
This place is considered the kingdom of monkeys, and Monkey Island is a tourist attraction that draws both domestic and international visitors when they visit the coastal city. Here, you can not only explore the lives of the monkeys but also indulge in checking in at various trendy locations.
Recommended 4 Days and 3 Nights Self-Sufficient Travel Itinerary in Nha Trang
Day 1: Check-In – City Stroll – Dam Market for Street Food and Shopping
On the first day, after arriving in Nha Trang, be sure to check in at your pre-booked accommodation. This will allow you to enjoy your entire journey without worrying about accommodation. Afterward, take a leisurely stroll around the coastal city to immerse yourself in the cool and refreshing atmosphere. In the evening, don’t forget to visit Dam Market to indulge in Nha Trang’s local cuisine. Dam Market is the largest market located in the heart of the seaside city.
Day 2: Explore Tourist Attractions in Nha Trang – Indulge in Famous Nha Trang Delicacies
Morning: Ponagar Tower – Long Son Pagoda
- Address: 61 Hai Thang Tu Street – Vinh Phuoc – Nha Trang City – Khanh Hoa
Ponagar Tower is always on the top list for visitors on the first day of their 4-day, 3-night trip to Nha Trang. The tower peacefully sits atop a small hill along the picturesque Cai River, showcasing the serene and culturally rich heritage of the ancient Champa people. Visiting Ponagar Tower, you’ll have the chance to explore ancient architectural structures and listen to ancient legends and myths from the enthusiastic tour guides, narrating the stories of the legendary goddess Ponagar and the unique culture of the Champa people.
Long Son Pagoda
- Address: 20 23/10 Street – Phuong Son – Nha Trang City – Khanh Hoa
Spiritual tourism is an essential activity in your 4-day, 3-night trip to Nha Trang. Long Son Pagoda (also known as Long Son Temple) is an unmissable sacred destination. Here, you can admire unique architecture, immerse yourself in the tranquility of the temple, finding a moment of peace amidst the bustling city of Nha Trang.
Noon: Explore Nha Trang’s Culinary Delights
After a refreshing morning in the coastal city, it’s time to delve into Nha Trang’s cuisine, leaving every traveler enamored with its diverse range of dishes, from local delicacies to exquisite and pricey seafood. You can taste renowned Nha Trang specialties such as fish cake soup, rice noodle soup with sailfish, raw fish salad, Nha Trang grilled spring rolls, and more, providing a light yet flavorful lunch. For a more energizing experience in the afternoon, savor sumptuous seafood dishes like grilled scallops, mantis shrimp, or grilled squid.
My family opted for the “ocean giant tuna eye” for our first lunch. This dish is incredibly nutritious, deliciously fatty, and unique, rarely found in many coastal areas. If you get the chance to visit Nha Trang, make sure to try this specialty!
Afternoon: Nha Trang Stone Church – Institute of Oceanography
Nha Trang Stone Church
- Address: 31 Thai Nguyen Street – Phuoc Tan – Nha Trang City – Khanh Hoa
Nha Trang Stone Church is a renowned tourist attraction in Nha Trang. Besides being a tourist attraction, it holds historical and cultural significance, transcending a regular religious site. As a historical witness, the Stone Church has witnessed the city’s transformations over time and has now become a beautiful landscape, adding to the charm of this dreamy coastal city.
Institute of Oceanography
If you’re traveling with children or a group, this destination will undoubtedly excite and fascinate them. The Institute of Oceanography in Nha Trang boasts the largest collection of marine specimens in Vietnam to this day. Established in 1923 by the French, it was transferred to Vietnam in 1952 and now houses over 20,000 specimens of more than 4,000 marine species and numerous other living organisms.
In particular, the Institute of Oceanography also displays a set of a gigantic whale skeleton measuring nearly 26 meters in length, 3 meters in height, and comprising 48 vertebrae, meticulously restored. Don’t forget to capture a “super cool” photo of your little ones here!
Evening: Nha Trang Night Market
If you’re enjoying the vibrant nightlife in the seaside city but miss out on Nha Trang Night Market, you’ll surely regret it. The Nha Trang Night Market is one of the distinctive cultural features of this coastal land. Here, you can immerse yourself in a diverse culinary world, shop for Nha Trang specialties, and buy souvenirs for your loved ones and friends.
Some Nha Trang specialties you can purchase include Nha Trang fish cake, Ninh Hoa spring rolls, dried seafood (dried horse mackerel, tamarind-flavored dried squid, sun-dried cuttlefish), Khanh Hoa swallow’s nests, Cam Ranh mango cakes, and don’t forget to grab a bottle of special fish sauce if you or the homemakers in your family enjoy cooking.
Day 3: Diving to Explore Coral Reefs at Vinpearl Diving Club
Morning: Challenge at Vinpearl Diving Club
This third day marked the official start of our 4-day, 3-night Nha Trang seaside family trip with a diving activity at Vinpearl Diving Club.
Vinpearl Diving Club at Vinpearl Nha Trang is an ideal spot to discover the endless beauty of the ocean and participate in various underwater sports such as coral reef diving, kayaking, filming, and underwater photography. Everyone in my family loves the sea, so we were all very excited about this activity.
You’ll witness colorful coral reefs and countless fish swimming all around you. These coral reefs stretch into wide strips and sway with the waves, creating a breathtaking sight.
The depth varies depending on the diving spot, so be sure to choose carefully. Another important note is to strictly follow the instructions of the guide to avoid any unnecessary risks.
Additionally, I’ve made a note of some precautions before, during, and after diving that you can refer to below:
- If you have heart disease, high blood pressure, etc., it’s not advisable to experience diving. Therefore, only dive when you feel physically fit.
- The ideal time to participate in diving activities is one hour after a meal.
- Ensure mental stability before diving to maintain flexibility in handling situations and prevent serious accidents.
- Avoid drinking alcohol before diving, as it can dehydrate you faster and may cause unpredictable complications due to increased pressure.
- Wait for 24 hours after diving before taking a flight to allow your body to recover. If you don’t have enough time, it’s best not to dive.
When you’re in Vinpearl Nha Trang, you must try diving to explore the ocean depths at least once. It will undoubtedly be one of the most exciting experiences of your 4-day, 3-night trip to Nha Trang!
Afternoon: Return to the city and head to Diep Son Island
In the afternoon, my family left Vinpearl Nha Trang and continued the journey to the beautiful Diep Son Island. I chose Diep Son because it is one of the most beautiful islands in Khanh Hoa, especially famous for its unique sea-crossing footpath, silky white sand, and clear blue water.
There are several ways to travel from Nha Trang city to Diep Son Island, but the most common ones are as follows:
- By boat: From Nha Trang city, you can move to Vangia Fishing Port, where there are boats to Diep Son Island around 9 AM – 11 AM. The return boats usually operate from 5 AM – 6 AM, and each trip takes about 30 – 40 minutes. The round-trip ticket price is 200,000 VND per person. However, my family arrived at the port around 3 PM, and there were no boats at that time, so we decided to take a motorboat. Oh, remember to check the schedule or save the phone number for boat/canoe reservations to avoid missing the trip.
- By motorboat: From Vangia Fishing Port, travel about 7.8 km to Tan Dan. There is a small alley opposite Tan Dan Temple leading to the sea. Walk a few hundred meters, ask for Mr. Tu Nghia’s house, where you can rent a motorboat to Diep Son Island (here’s his phone number: 01667982151). This way takes only about 15 minutes. The price for a group of 6 people ranges from 200,000 to 300,000 VND, which perfectly suited my family’s size. This method allows you to be more flexible with the schedule and adds a sense of excitement to the journey. It’s worth trying!
Although it is a famous tourist island in Nha Trang, life on Diep Son Island is still limited, with few food options and a couple of small grocery stores with limited supplies but relatively high prices. Therefore, if you plan to visit, make sure to bring light snacks and drinks with you.
Evening: Enjoying Seafood on Diep Son Island
When on an island, there must be seafood, and I had to have a satisfying meal to fully enjoy the experience. Since there weren’t many restaurants around, my family arranged dinner at a local’s house. The hosts were fishermen, so they always had fresh and delicious seafood, and their cooking skills were excellent.
Day 4: Conquer the “Sea Crossing” at Diep Son Island
Waking up early to welcome the sunrise over the sea… such a serene feeling, almost surreal. Today marks the last day of your 4-day, 3-night trip to Nha Trang… how time flies!
In the morning, I visited the seafood market by the beach for breakfast. There were plenty of delicious options: fish cake noodle soup, rice porridge with fried breadstick, sandwiches, porridge, and shrimp-squid pancakes, as well as Diep Son Island specialties. Since the market operates only in the morning, you can buy fresh seafood and have the locals prepare it right there for the freshest seafood experience of the day.
Early morning beach swim.
When at the beach, if given the chance, don’t miss the opportunity to swim early in the morning, indulging in the refreshing, crystal-clear water on the long beaches. Afterward, take a leisurely stroll along the shore and immerse yourself in the fresh air… the tranquility of Diep Son Island will dissipate all your stress, allowing you to blend into the beautiful nature.
On Diep Son Island, there are places where tourists can engage in kayaking activities. The price I paid last time was 250,000 VND for 30 minutes, quite expensive. Some places don’t have fixed prices, so be sure to inquire about the price before renting. Oh, when you rent a kayak, they also provide you with two life jackets, allowing you to form a small kayaking team with your friends, enjoying the scenery while paddling together.
Check-in at Ngoc Trai Bridge.
For those who love “virtual living,” don’t forget to visit Ngoc Trai Bridge, also known as the Love Bridge. This bridge was built by a company to connect pearl farms. However, due to its striking design, many couples come here to take romantic photos, earning it the name Love Bridge. Feel free to take a few snapshots here, but be cautious as the conditions of the bridge are not entirely guaranteed.
Explore around Diep Son Island by canoe.
When exploring Diep Son Island, don’t forget to rent a canoe and discover the small islands around Diep Son. Circling the islands, you will be amazed by the beauty of pristine beaches, clear blue sea, silky white sand, and beautiful meadows.
The price for renting a canoe is around 400,000 – 500,000 VND per group of 10 people for 15 minutes of paddling on the sea. You can contact Mr. Tam (phone number: 03656905540) in advance to make a reservation, as during the tourist season, if many customers rent, you might have to wait for a long time or not be able to go immediately.
Experience the life of fishermen on Diep Son Island.
Although the lives of the people on Diep Son Island are materially deficient and challenging, they are incredibly friendly, simple, and hospitable. Here, you can follow the local fishermen to experience a day in their lives or join them in activities like night fishing or squid catching, which are very interesting!
Conquer the “Sea Crossing”
This was the experience I anticipated the most when coming to Diep Son Island. The “Sea Crossing” is a path that traverses three islands, stretching almost 700 meters, with white sand and a width of about 1 meter, situated in the heart of the crystal-clear sea. Walking on this path, you’ll feel both excited and a bit nervous, adding to the thrill of the experience.
Gifts to Buy After Your 4 Days and 3 Nights Trip in Nha Trang
Upon returning from a trip, it’s customary to bring back gifts for your friends and family. In Nha Trang, there are plenty of items that can serve as souvenirs or unique specialties to bring back as gifts. Travelers can easily find these gifts at large markets, specialty stores, or supermarkets. Here are some Nha Trang specialties that you can buy as gifts:
- Mango Cake: 11E Thái Nguyên – Nha Trang.
- Fish Sauce 584: 584 Lê Hồng Phong – Nha Trang.
- Swiftlet Bird’s Nest: Phương Sài – Nha Trang. Contact: 0905 86 18 58.
- Fish Cake: 81 Phan Bội Châu – Xương Huân.
- Tamarind-flavored Dried Squid: Chợ Đầm Nha Trang, Building B, Apartment 9 – Lê Lợi – Xương Huân.
Travel Tips for 4 Days and 3 Nights in Nha Trang
Visiting Nha Trang for the first time can be a bit challenging, so it’s essential to plan your trip carefully. Based on the experiences of a 4-day, 3-night trip to Nha Trang, travelers should be well-prepared. So, what do you need to prepare?
Each person may have different items they consider necessary. However, here are some basic and essential items that DanangPrivateCar.com’s recommends having. Additionally, don’t forget to familiarize yourself with the local regulations to avoid unnecessary hassles:
- Personal belongings.
- Long-sleeved clothing if traveling during the dry season, sunscreen, a hat, and sunglasses.
- Waterproof phone or waterproof pouches to protect your phone.
- Carry all necessary identification documents.
In addition to ensuring you have the essential items when traveling to Nha Trang, every traveler should know the following tips. These small pieces of advice will make your trip even more enjoyable:
- For first-time travelers, consider purchasing combined travel packages. This way, you’ll have more control over your trip and won’t worry about running out of flight tickets or hotel rooms during the peak tourist season.
- Carry common medications such as stomachache medicine, antipyretic drugs, allergy medicine, digestive enzymes, etc., especially if pharmacies are far from your hotel.
- Sunscreen is a must because the sun at the beach can be scorching and may cause sunburn.
- A portable power bank is essential as finding a place to charge your phone can be challenging.
- Use the Grab app to book rides within Nha Trang or consider renting a scooter to save on transportation costs.
- Some souvenirs worth considering: bird’s nest soup, Nem Ninh Hòa (a local specialty), silk products, jewelry, and items made from seashells.
Here is my detailed review of my recent 4-day 3-night self-guided trip to Nha Trang. I hope it serves as a handbook to help you plan your itinerary and have a joyful and memorable journey exploring the beautiful city of Nha Trang!