Non Nuoc Atone village in Da Nang to admire the masterpiece of art
Non Nuoc stone carving village is the oldest craft village in Da Nang. Let’s pocket a guide to discover the village located at the foot of Ngu Hanh Son mountain in this article!
Non Nuoc stone carving village is an attractive place to visit in the journey to discover Da Nang tourism . Over 300 years of existence and development, the stone art works here have become handicraft products with unique artistic characteristics and the pride of Da Thanh people.
Introduction to Non Nuoc stone village
Non Nuoc stone handicraft village is a place for you to learn about products carved from extremely artistic stone. This interesting tourist destination attracts many tourists every year.
Where is Non Nuoc stone village?
Non Nuoc stone carving village is located at the foot of Ngu Hanh Son mountain range . This place is about 8 km from Da Nang city center and belongs to Hoa Hai ward, Ngu Hanh Son district, Danang.
See More: Danang To Hoi An By Private Car
When you step foot to Non Nuoc stone village in Da Nang, you will feel like you are lost in the “land of stones” with large and small stone blocks of all shapes and sizes. Each work has a different shape and is created by the talented and meticulous hands of the stone mason.
History of Non Nuoc stone village in Da Nang
According to the explanations of Non Nuoc stone village, the ancestor of this craft village is Huynh Ba Quat , a native of Thanh Hoa. History of Non Nuoc stone village:
- At the end of the 17th century – the beginning of the 18th century , Da Nang Non Nuoc stone art village was born. Huynh Bat Quat settled at the foot of Ngu Hanh Son mountain and discovered a cluster of marble mountains to create fine art stone works. After that, he passed the profession on to his descendants and people in the village.
- In the early 19th century , the Nguyen Dynasty built many mausoleums and palaces, so Non Nuoc stone carving village (Ngu Hanh Son Da Nang) had the opportunity to develop. Many good craftsmen were awarded the rank of Nine products and were invited to travel all over the country.
- Currently , Non Nuoc stone carving village has more than 500 production facilities and is recognized as a national intangible cultural heritage.
Admire masterpieces of high artistic value
Non Nuoc Marble products are very diverse in shape, size, color and type. Every year, this place produces more than 80,000 products from fine art stone. The works of Non Nuoc stone art village have many uses such as:
- Serving daily life including dishes, vases, kettles…
- Serving spiritual life including tombstones, reliefs, Buddha statues, Arhat statues, Cham statues…
- Buy as souvenirs, including animal statues, portraits of Vietnamese and Western women, statues of revolutionaries…
From the simple marble block taken from the foot of Ngu Hanh Son mountain, through the talented hands of artisans, the stone blocks become smooth, glossy and reveal beautiful stone veins. All works are skillfully and extremely sophisticatedly carved by stone craftsmen. You can easily choose for yourself beautiful small items to keep memories in a craft village over 300 years old.
Discover ancient Champa and Vietnamese cultures at Non Nuoc stone village
Non Nuoc Village is the intersection of two unique cultures – ancient Vietnamese culture and Champa culture . The stone art works have a special influence from the Champa culture in My Son holy land.
Hundreds of Champa statues of all shapes and sizes are sculpted extremely delicately by artisans. These are statues of Yoni, Linga, Garuda bird or a flexible dancer in Apsara dance, Indra, Nandin cow, Garuda bird… Besides, there are works showing ancient Vietnamese culture such as dragon sculpture. , turtles, phoenixes on tombstones, temples, mausoleums.
To conveniently explore Non Nuoc stone art village and other interesting places such as Han River Bridge, Da Nang Dragon Bridge, Linh Ung Pagoda Da Nang, Da Nang Love Bridge, Da Nang Golden Bridge… you should choose one. convenient means of transportation. Danang Private Car’s with many years of experience will bring you a convenient and fast trip, along with many best services.
See More: Danang Car Rental With Driver
Visiting Non Nuoc stone art village , you will go from surprise to surprise by the ingenuity of artisans. This is a place where people are diligently “breathing souls” into the stones to create works of cultural and artistic value. Non Nuoc craft village is a unique cultural feature for Da Nang to promote its image to domestic and foreign tourists.