Huyen Khong Cave is located on the highest mountain in Ngu Hanh Son (Marble Mountain), a famous tourist destination in Da Nang. This place attracts a large number of tourists who come to seek spiritual roots and explore the beauty of the scenic spot.
Traveling to Ngu Hanh Son (Marble Mountain) in Da Nang and visiting the famous Huyen Khong Cave with its mysterious beauty and exceptional spiritual value is an interesting experience. This appealing spiritual tourism destination is only about 11km from the city center of Da Nang, making the exploration journey very convenient.
Where is Huyen Khong Cave located?
- Address: Huyen Khong Cave is located on Thuy Son Mountain, at the highest peak of Ngu Hanh Son Scenic Area – 81 Huyen Tran Cong Chua Street, Hoa Hai Ward, Ngu Hanh Son District, Da Nang City.
- Opening hours: 7:00 AM – 6:00 PM (for reference)
- Ticket prices for the elevator ride (for reference): 30,000 VND per round trip.
Directions to Huyen Khong Cave in Da Nang
Huyen Khong Cave is approximately 11km from the city center of Da Nang, with convenient transportation and easy accessibility. Starting from Dragon Bridge, turn left onto Ngo Quyen Street, continue straight, then turn left onto Ho Xuan Huong Street. Veer right towards Vo Nguyen Giap and Truong Sa, until you reach Huyen Tran Cong Chua Street in Hoa Hai.
If you want to visit Huyen Khong Cave, you can immediately book a trip from Da Nang to Ngu Hanh Son(Marble Mountain) by private car. Alternatively, you can also visit Huyen Khong Cave as part of a trip from Da Nang to Hoi An by private car, making a stop at Huyen Khong Cave along the way.
Explore Huyen Khong Cave in Da Nang
The beauty inside Huyen Khong Cave
Right from the entrance of Huyen Khong Cave, you will see the three words “Huyen Khong Quan” and statues of the Good Deity and the Evil Deity right at the gateway. These statues serve as a reminder for everyone to let go of all negative thoughts and emotions when entering the realm of Buddha.
Huyen Khong Cave in Da Nang is captivating due to its enchanting and mystical atmosphere. The cave is naturally lit, with a circular dome and five openings at the top, allowing light to pour in from outside. If you visit the cave on a sunny day, you will see the sunlight shining through the cave’s dome, making the limestone rocks glisten even more.
Huyen Khong Cave holds significant geological, spiritual, and archaeological value. The cave has a special significance and value compared to other caves such as Phong Nha Cave, Thien Cung Cave, or Thien Duong Cave, as it receives ample sunlight and is not damp. Visitors can clearly witness the sparkling beauty of stalactites without the need for extra lighting.
The statue of Buddha Shakyamuni is placed at the highest position within Huyen Khong Cave, while below it is the altar of Bodhisattva Ksitigarbha.
When visiting Huyen Khong Cave, tourists can also take the opportunity to visit the temple dedicated to Lady Fairy on the left side of the cave to pray for blessings and good fortune. Additionally, there is the opportunity to explore the sacred and ancient Trang Nghiem Pagoda deep inside the cave.
The significance of the poem inscribed on the cave wall.
Visitors to Huyen Khong Cave will have the opportunity to admire some inscriptions written in Chinese characters and Vietnamese Nom script on the cave walls. One prominent inscription is a poem by Quang Loc Tu Khanh Linh, a distinguished scholar from Quang Nam named Le Huu Dao, created in 1889.
天 然 景 致 出 三 台
脉 引 桃 源 洞 裡 來
日 麗 玄 空 披 碧 霧
雲 封 泉 石 印 蒼 苔
千 流 縈 滙 朝 江 勢
萬 頃 奔 趨 望 海 臺
靈 異 行 山 鍾 旺 氣
圖 開 僊 閣 化 工 裁
Amidst the beautiful natural landscapes, there is a place called Tam Thai,
Leading to the Dao Nguyen realm within this cave.
On a fine day, Huyen Khong’s rocky walls disperse the mist,
The wind, clouds, rivers, and streams all bear traces of green moss.
Countless streams converge and gather, forming the river’s existence,
Countless moments rush to the Vong Hai tower.
Mysterious and ethereal, the sound of the Hanh Son bell resonates,
Nature’s craftsmanship creates celestial guards and officials.
Interesting tourist attractions near Huyen Khong Cave.
Are there any interesting places near Huyen Khong Cave that you shouldn’t miss? Around Huyen Khong Cave, there are many other caves and stunning natural landscapes in Ngu Hanh Son. “Pocket” the list of nearby tourist destinations near Huyen Khong Cave and Ngu Hanh Son for an exciting and enjoyable journey!
- Marble Mountains (Ngũ Hành Sơn): These limestone mountains are a popular tourist destination in Da Nang and offer stunning panoramic views, ancient pagodas, and intricate cave systems. Huyen Khong Cave is located within the Marble Mountains complex.
- Linh Ung Pagoda: Situated on Son Tra Peninsula, Linh Ung Pagoda is known for its massive Lady Buddha statue, which stands tall at 67 meters. From Huyen Khong Cave, you can visit this pagoda and enjoy the breathtaking coastal views.
- Non Nuoc Stone Carving Village: Located at the foot of Marble Mountains, Non Nuoc Stone Carving Village is famous for its traditional stone sculptures. You can witness skilled artisans creating intricate artwork and even purchase unique stone souvenirs.
- My Khe Beach: Considered one of the most beautiful beaches in the world, My Khe Beach offers pristine white sands and crystal-clear waters. It’s an ideal place to relax, swim, or engage in water sports. The beach is just a short distance from Huyen Khong Cave.
- Da Nang City Center: Explore the vibrant city center of Da Nang, where you’ll find a blend of modern architecture, bustling markets, and delicious local cuisine. You can visit attractions such as Dragon Bridge, Han Market, and Han River Bridge.
These nearby attractions provide a variety of experiences and complement your visit to Huyen Khong Cave, allowing you to immerse yourself in the natural beauty and cultural richness of the Da Nang region.
Some tips to keep in mind when visiting Huyen Khong Cave
Here are some tips to keep in mind when visiting Huyen Khong Cave:
- Dress appropriately: As Huyen Khong Cave is a spiritual site, it is advisable to dress modestly and respectfully. Make sure to cover your shoulders and knees.
- Comfortable footwear: The cave might involve some walking or climbing, so wearing comfortable shoes is recommended to navigate the terrain easily.
- Bring essentials: Carry a bottle of water to stay hydrated during your visit. It’s also a good idea to bring sunscreen, a hat, and insect repellent, especially if you plan to explore the surrounding areas.
- Respect the rules: Follow the guidelines and instructions provided at the cave entrance. This includes refraining from touching or damaging any structures or artifacts within the cave.
- Stay on designated paths: Stick to the marked trails and paths while exploring the cave to ensure your safety and preserve the natural environment.
- Be cautious with photography: Some spiritual sites may have restrictions on photography or require special permission. Respect any signage or instructions regarding photography inside the cave.
- Keep the environment clean: Help maintain the cleanliness of the cave and its surroundings by disposing of trash properly and avoiding littering.
- Follow any additional rules or regulations: Be aware of any specific rules or regulations that apply to Huyen Khong Cave and follow them accordingly.
By keeping these tips in mind, you can have a pleasant and respectful visit to Huyen Khong Cave while preserving its natural and cultural heritage.
Huyen Khong Cave in Da Nang boasts the most beautiful scenery among the caves in Ngu Hanh Son. Here, visitors can immerse themselves in the enchanting and mystical beauty of the cave while finding inner peace and tranquility in the sacred and serene space. Hopefully, the detailed information about the cave provided in this article will be helpful to you.