Considered as the “Western River in the heart of Hoi An“, Bay Mau coconut forest has been a destination attracting many tourists. Coming here, you will have a completely different experience, different from the ancient, quiet look of Pho Hoi that you have seen before. Let’s start the Bay Mau coconut forest tour with the experiences that Danang Private Car shares!
Bay Mau coconut forest tourism – an attractive destination in 2024
Where is Bay Mau coconut forest located?
When looking for images of Bay Mau coconut forest, many people mistakenly think it is located in a certain province of the West. But actually, this is a place located in hamlet 7, Cam Thanh commune, Hoi An city, near the location of Cua Dai bridge. It is about 3 km southeast of the old town center.
The reason people call this place is Seven Mau because in the past, this coconut forest had an area of about 7 acres. Today, the area of coconut forest has grown more, but they are used to the old way of calling it, so it is always named Bay Mau coconut forest.
What is attractive about Bay Mau coconut forest tourism?
Different from the image of Hoi An with ancient, mossy houses. Bay Mau coconut forest has bold features of the West with green unspoiled coconut forest, running straight along both sides of the river. This used to be a base during the resistance war of our army and people. When visiting this place, you will be able to row a basket boat in the style of the Southwest region, weaving into small creeks and watching coconut trees on both sides of the river.
Not only that, visitors also admire the attractive performances of the rowers. Experience a lot of interesting games organized to serve the needs of visitors here. It can be said that this is a place that will bring many memorable memories for your journey.
Information about opening hours and ticket prices of Bay Mau coconut forest resort
Opening time of the coconut forest
To serve the needs of visitors to explore and have fun, Cam Thanh coconut forest tourist area starts to open from 7am to 5pm. With this time is enough for you to enjoy the interesting things here and have the most complete trip. So don’t be too hasty, take your time and prepare all your belongings and luggage.
Ticket price to visit Hoi An coconut forest
Starting in 2017, when it was put into tourism operation, Bay Mau Coconut Forest eco-tourism area has started to apply fees for sightseeing and entertainment activities here. Specific prices are as follows:
Entrance ticket to Seven Beauties Coconut Forest: 30,000 VND/ticket/person
Boat ticket for Coconut Forest tour:
- Adults: 150,000 VND/boat/2 passengers/60 minutes
- Children: 100,000 VND/passenger/60 minutes
- Children under 1 meter tall: Free
If you want to rent a boat, shop or eat, you will have to spend more. In general, the cost of visiting the coconut forest is not fixed and often changes depending on the time, your needs and your ability to pay. With the ticket, you can participate in many activities, see all the shows, so many people here the price is not too expensive.
When should you choose when to travel to Bay Mau coconut forest?
You can go to Hoi An coconut forest at any time of the year if you want. However, Da Nang and Hoi An have a tropical monsoon climate, so they are divided into two distinct hot and cold seasons. So to have a smooth trip and make sure you don’t miss any experiences, consider choosing the right time.
- February – June: This is the most ideal time to visit Bay Mau coconut forest . At this time, it is dry, cool, pleasant, not too hot, convenient for activities to explore and travel to the West of the river.
- May – July: This is the peak summer, although it is quite hot and there are days with very high temperatures, it is chosen by many tourists. These months are suitable for those who want to have a tour combined with seeing the lights of the old town during the festival season.
- August – November: Although this time there is rain but not much, in return the weather in the coconut forest is extremely cool, very suitable if you want to escape the sweltering heat in the city. Especially if you go on the full moon occasion, you will be able to see the extremely attractive flower lanterns.
DO NOT go in November, December. Because this season, Hoi An is entering the continuous rainy season, with heavy rain and strong winds, there is even a risk of storms, which will affect your trip.
Traveling to Bay Mau coconut forest in Hoi An, what to wear and what to prepare?
What to wear when visiting the coconut forest
Most of the activities experienced at the coconut forest take place underwater and outdoors. In addition, you also ride a basket boat, so you should wear comfortable clothes to facilitate getting on and off the boat and moving. Of course, you can still wear dresses, but don’t be too cumbersome. Or shorts with t-shirts, style shirts, etc., for example, just convenient to participate in games.
Supplies to prepare
- Bring sunscreen, hat/hat, sunglasses, sunscreen to avoid the hot summer sun. When going near the end of the year, remember to prepare an umbrella, in case of sudden rains.
- Bring identification documents such as ID/CCCD, etc. to buy tickets or present in necessary cases.
- Definitely indispensable for a phone with a photo function or a camera, a selfie stick to record memories.
- Prepare some snacks and drinks in case you are hungry and have a recharge.
How to experience Bay Mau coconut forest tourism?
If going from Hoi An city
- By road: If starting from Hoi An, you just need to follow Tran Phu Street to Nguyen Di Hieu. When you come to the intersection, turn left and follow Tran Nhan Tong street, go straight until you meet Cua Dai Bridge. The road is quite easy, there are not many turns, so there is no fear of getting lost. But if you don’t know the way, you can ask people or ask for the location of google map.
- By river: In addition to the road, there is also an interesting way to travel to Bay Mau coconut forest is by river. This is also the choice of many people when they want to find a new feeling. If you go by river, remember to start from the boat station located on Bach Dang street of the old town. The boat will go down the Hoai River to the East, about 5 km to arrive. Although a bit longer than the road, it is quite good.
If going from Da Nang city
- Route 1: Taking Dragon Bridge as the starting point, you follow Vo Van Kiet Street, at the end of the road, turn right through Vo Nguyen Giap. Just go straight this road to Lac Long Quan. Then turn to Tran Nhan Tong, go straight to the foot of Cua Dai bridge.
- Route 2: Also from Dragon Bridge, you run in the direction of Ngo Quyen – Ngu Hanh Son street to reach Hoi An ancient town. After reaching Hoi An, you can choose one of the two ways above (land or river) to reach the coconut forest.
If you need a fast means of transportation, you can promptly book the private car service from Danang to Hoi An with DanangPrivateCar.com. With private car service, the departure time is flexible based on your preference. Moreover, along the way, you can visit various attractions such as Marble Mountains, My Khe Beach, etc.,
Types of vehicles that can be chosen to move when traveling to Bay Mau coconut forest
Depending on your starting point in Da Nang or Hoi An and the conditions to choose the appropriate form of transportation. Here are a few suggestions:
Traveling by motorbike
Wherever you go, you can go by motorbike. You can rent a car in the center of the old town or Da Nang city with the same price, from 100 to 150,000 VND / car / day. Riding a motorbike is both comfortable, proactive in terms of time, and saving schedule. But only really suitable for solo travelers or young people, if there are adults and children, it should be considered.
Travel by car
On the contrary, if your family/group consists of 4 to 7 people, you may consider this option. The private car rental service with a driver from Hoi An at DanangPrivateCar.com offers the advantage of comfortable and breezy travel without the need to navigate. Additionally, with a professional and experienced team of drivers, you can have the safest and most comfortable journey. Book your trip from Hoi An to Bay Mau Coconut Forest by private car today.
Traveling by bus
For those of you in Da Nang who want to save money, you can refer to taking a bus. You can catch bus line 01 at the city center bus station or stops on the main routes. There will be a trip every 30 minutes, the price is about 20k / time. However, this way is quite inconvenient that after arriving at Hoi An bus station, you have to catch another bus to reach the coconut forest.
Traveling by bike
This way is only suitable for those in Hoi An ancient town because the distance is only 3 km, so it is completely possible to go by bicycle. When riding a bicycle, you will feel very leisurely, comfortable, and calmly breathe in the fresh air and feel the surrounding nature. Moreover, this vehicle is extremely economical because the rental price is only 40k/day, it can wriggle on very interesting small roads.
What are the attractive activities in Bay Mau coconut forest tourism experience?
When coming to the coconut forest, visitors not only have to stand on the shore to admire the scenery but also move on the water to immerse themselves in extremely unique and interesting activities here:
Take a sightseeing basket boat ride
First, you will be able to sit on beautiful basket boats, the rowers will take you on the river, along the long river with green coconut trees on both sides. Floating on the water, floating with each wave makes you feel like you are lost in the Western river, the cool wind blowing is peaceful and comfortable.
Wool in the coconut trees, you will be able to take beautiful souvenir photos. Then the boat will stop at a shallow water for relaxation and also for you to climb the coconut trees to play and check-in.
Make souvenirs with coconut leaves
Most visitors to Cam Thanh Hoi An coconut forest appreciate the rustic but meaningful gifts of the people here. Boaters will design jewelry or special animals from fresh coconut leaves such as rings, watches, coconut leaf hats, locusts, etc. to give to visitors.
Although simple, it is a symbol of the enthusiasm and simplicity of the people of Quang. If you like, you can ask your uncle to teach you how to make your own souvenirs.
Watch basket dance performance
After walking around the Coconut Forest, you will come to an extremely skillful basket dance performed by the people themselves. This is the most outstanding performance in the process of going out to the coconut forest. The rowers will make a swing to make the basket spin round and round to create waves, and the hands will dance the oars to look very eye-catching.
People around were constantly cheering and cheering enthusiastically. If you like, you can also sit on that basket to rotate, but remember this is a thrilling game under water, if you get seasick, you should consider it.
Enjoy the performance of casting fishing
Coming to the area in the middle of the river, visitors will see a larger boat with people throwing a large fishing net that is extremely lively and professional. This is actually just a performance activity to serve tourists, not real fishing.
This moment has been captured by many young people with beautiful pictures. Especially under the sunset light makes it look more artistic. For enthusiasts who want to try it, they can also board this boat, they will show you how to cast a fish.
Participate in folk games
At the end of the 50-minute walk on the river, the uncles and aunts will take visitors back to the shore. But the journey is not over yet, if you want to move to the eco-tourism area, there will be interesting folk games such as: boat racing, fishing, blindfolded pot, tug of war, walking. balance bike,… all attract many visitors to participate. Just register with the organizer to experience.
Are there any hotels or motels near Bay Mau coconut forest tourist area?
Staying near the coconut forest area
After finishing the coconut forest exploration, it is also evening. You can choose to stay overnight near this area to learn more about life here. If so, you can contact people to stay at home and follow them to catch shrimp and fish. Or if you don’t want to bother people, rent a room, there are a few motels around like garden houses such as:
Next to the coconut forest, there are also a few places to stay for your reference.
- Lakeview Villa: Group 6 Thon Thanh Nhut, Cam Thanh
- An Villa : Hammock, Cam Thanh, Hoi An, Quang Nam
- Coconut Hamlet Homestay : DX18, Cam Thanh, Hoi An
Other accommodation options
Any traveler who doesn’t like to stay in the coconut forest and wants to have more options. As well as wanting to be able to spend the evening to explore more, you can stay in the ancient town of Hoi An or return to Da Nang city.
- If you are in Hoi An, you can refer to the following addresses: Hoi An Chic Hotel, Homestay Nha Bong 2, Green Apple Hotel, Cua Dai Beach Hoi An Hotel, River Beach Resort…
- If you are in Da Nang, you can refer to Raon Apartment & Hotel, Raon Beach Hotel, Essenza Hotel & Spa, etc. In which, Duong Gia Hotel is the hotel most chosen by many people because of its cheap price but outstanding 3-star quality. turn on, close to the sea, near attractions, eat.
What to eat and where to eat when traveling to Bay Mau coconut forest in Cam Thanh?
Local specialties in the coconut forest
Although culinary services at the coconut forest are not many, it is not difficult to eat a meal. There are dishes featuring local cuisine of Cam Thanh commune that you can try such as:
+ Grilled fish of all kinds: Going to Cam Thanh coconut forest, you will enjoy the river-loving dishes such as mackerel, pompano, bottle fish, stingray, … grilled or braised, salted, cooked with sour soup . The deliciousness and rich flavor of fish meat make many people irresistible.
Banana flower salad: This is a very rustic traditional dish of the local people. The preparation method and the ingredients to make it are extremely simple. Only thinly sliced banana flowers and then mixed with spices, adding a little shrimp or boiled meat and basil is to create a dish with its very own flavor.
Water coconut tea: A cool and nutritious dish on hot summer days. This type of tea is made from nipa fruit in the coconut forest area, very special but the price is very cheap.
Hoi An specialties
Not only stopping with local specialties, Bay Mau coconut forest eco-tourism area also serves specialties with the colors of Hoi An ancient town such as:
- High floor (Cao Lau Hoi An)
- Quang noodles
- Ba Bui Chicken Rice
- Wonton white rose
- Banh beo, grilled meat rolls
- Mixed mussels, Cam Nam pound cake
Around the coconut forest area, there are restaurants serving the dining needs of visitors. If you want to save money, you should order a meal there, the price is affordable but the quality is also guaranteed. If not, you can buy ready to take or return to the old town center to enjoy.
What do Bay Mau coconut forest travel experiences have to buy as a gift?
Many people will want to buy products to bring back as gifts for relatives and friends after visiting Coconut Forest. So what should I buy?
Hemp leaves little cakes
Little prickly leaf cake is a famous specialty of Hoi An, although it has an affordable price of only 1,500 – 2,000 VND per piece, it is loved by many tourists. Wrapped in banana leaves are chewy sticky rice cakes with the sweet taste of green beans, a little spicy of ginger and hemp leaves, attractively fragrant. The color is not eye-catching, but it is guaranteed that anyone who tries it will never forget it.
Baked coconut cake
If you don’t know what to buy as a gift, you can also buy this cake. Baked coconut cake is a specialty for a long time, the pride of the people of Quang. It is made from very familiar ingredients, fresh coconut, glutinous rice flour and white sugar mixed up and then grilled to be fragrant, crispy, and delicious to eat. Just delicious, affordable price and convenient to pack to take home, what are you waiting for.
Cam Thanh sauce
Cam Thanh sauce has become a famous brand of fish sauce throughout Vietnam, the choice of many housewives and chefs because of its rich and delicate taste. Therefore, it will be a pity if you have set foot in Cam Thanh village without buying them as gifts. There are many types for you to choose from such as: ear fish sauce, female fish sauce, hearing fish sauce, fish sauce, etc.
In addition to these suggestions, if you want to have more choices, you can visit Hoi An ancient town to buy green bean cakes, suze cakes, lanterns or other souvenirs such as to he, floating cards. …
Bay Mau coconut forest tour itinerary suggested for those who go for the first time
First-time visitors can refer to the schedule below to make the most of their time and have a trip with lots of interesting experiences.
- After breakfast, move to the coconut forest in Cam Thanh commune. Go to the place to buy tickets and walk about 200m to reach the area where the basket boats are parked.
- Starting on the basket boat, the rowers will take you to visit a coconut forest and take souvenir photos.
- Then move to the wide beach area to watch activities such as basket dance, casting fishing nets…
- At noon, go to huts made of bamboo and coconut leaves or nearby restaurants to eat and rest.
- After lunch break, visitors will continue their journey with participating in games at the coconut forest eco-tourism area.
- The rest of the time walking around a coconut stop to admire the scenery and take photos. Then get on the boat back to Da Nang/Hoi An.
Note: Leaving Bay Mau Coconut Forest, visitors can visit the ancient town of Hoi An to visit, admire the nightlife and participate in interesting activities here. Or return to Da Nang to discover the city worth living at night (optional).
With this itinerary, you can go completely on your own. But remember to plan in advance, contact to book a car, learn about food and drink, etc. Going self-sufficient, you will be proactive and comfortable about the schedule, but also face many difficulties if you do not have experience. that experience. For peace of mind and a smoother trip, you can book a tour of the coconut forest to take care of everything from a – z
Other notes to keep in mind when traveling to Bay Mau coconut forest
- First: To make the trip light and hassle-free, you should avoid carrying a lot of valuables such as money, jewelry, expensive phones to avoid falling into the water or being lost. This way, you will feel secure and enjoy yourself in the fun.
- Second: Always prioritize comfortable clothes, don’t let cumbersome long skirts, high heels or too special designs hinder the process of moving and exploring your coconut forest.
- Tuesday: The best time of the day to walk around the Coconut Forest is in the early morning or late afternoon, around 4pm to stay cool and avoid the hot sun.
- Fourth: In addition to the basket boat, you can choose the form of boating if you go in a large number. The boat can carry 4 people at a time but the price is the same as going on a basket boat.
Bay Mau coconut forest tourism has been an interesting destination attracting many tourists. Coming here to immerse yourself in nature, in the river, watching people show their talents, … must be a memorable experience. Take note of this information to start a new trip right away!