Hue – Da Nang – Hoi An tourism is attracting a lot of attention. These are the three hottest places in Central Vietnam, with many great tourist destinations and countless delicious dishes waiting for you! In this article, let’s explore Hue – Da Nang – Hoi An travel experiences with Halo for your best experience trip!
Traveling to Hue – Da Nang – Hoi An, which season is the most beautiful?
Hue – Da Nang – Hoi An are places in the central strip of land full of sunshine and wind. This is also one of the hottest tourist destinations in the country. You can find countless attractive entertainment places, including the abundant blue sea, majestic mountains or interesting traditional craft villages.
According to the travel review of Hue – Da Nang – Hoi An of those who went before, this place has a different look every season. That is, no matter what time of year you go, you will have the opportunity to discover unique features. However, to say the most ideal, you should go around February to September every year. The reason is because:
- This is the most favorable time for travel. The weather is beautiful with a lot of sunshine, little rain. You will have the opportunity to explore more places, especially the sea because at this time, the waves are calm and you don’t have to worry about storms like other times of the year.
- Many festivals are held at this time such as Buddha’s birthday festival, Da Nang fireworks festival, Traditional craft village festival, Hue Festival…
Of course, from October to December, Hue – Da Nang – Hoi An still has its own beauty, but this beauty is often difficult to enjoy and feel due to the weather situation this season is not too favorable, easy there is a storm.
How to move to Hue – Da Nang – Hoi An?
A travel experience Hue – Da Nang – Hoi An is quite useful, but not everyone knows that you should move to Hue first, then continue to Da Nang, Hoi An. In addition, about means of transportation you can choose the following ways:
Private Car With Driver
The plan of going by plane will be very suitable for those who live far away such as Hanoi, Saigon, …. Currently, there are many incentive programs to buy cheap air tickets, so you can plan ahead to “hunt” tickets from Hue to Phu Bai airport first. After arriving at Phu Bai airport, you can take a taxi about 15km to Hue city center, starting to explore the first stop in the journey.
After traveling and exploring the poetic ancient capital, from Hue you can take a plane to Da Nang very conveniently. Da Nang Airport is located right in the city center, so it is very convenient for traveling and exploring.
The second means of transportation that Halo wants to suggest to you is the train. To get to Hue from Hanoi, Saigon, you can choose the North-South railway. Train ticket prices range from 300,000 to 500,000 VND/way depending on the class of seats. After arriving at Hue station, you can easily catch a taxi or motorbike taxi to go to the place of stay and visit you want.
If you depart from Hanoi, you can buy a bus ticket to Hue from My Dinh bus station, Nuoc Ngam bus station, etc. The ticket price is also about 300,000 – 400,000 VND / way. You should choose a sleeper bus to go at night to save time for sightseeing.
A note in the travel experience of Hue – Da Nang – Hoi An by bus is that in Hue, there are 3 different bus stations, namely Northern, Southern and Nguyen Hoang bus stations. So depending on the hotel you plan to stay in as well as the attractions in the itinerary, you can choose for yourself a suitable stop!
If you are a young person who is passionate about exploring the roads, traveling by motorbike to Hue – Da Nang – Hoi An will be a good idea. However, you need to pay attention to choose a vehicle with regular maintenance to easily move through many terrains, prepare a raincoat, helmet, protective gear to ensure safety. Traveling by motorbike is mainly suitable for a large group of young people with good health and steady handlebars.
See More: Hue To Hoi An Motorbike Tour, Hue Motorbike Tour
Means of transportation when in Hue – Da Nang – Hoi An
There are 3 types of transportation chosen by many young people when traveling to Hue – Da Nang – Hoi An: motorbikes, taxis and motorbike taxis. In which, renting a motorbike is considered the most convenient and economical method. Normal car rental price is about 100,000 – 120,000 VND/day (depending on car model and quality).
In addition, when traveling from Hue to Da Nang, you can catch a bus by route for about 60,000 VND/ticket, travel time within 2-3 hours.
Coming to the center of Da Nang, you can rent a motorbike very easily, then combine with exploring Hoi An, which is also extremely interesting. The procedure for renting a motorbike is quite simple, just need your ID card and you can choose a suitable car for yourself.
Where to go to Hue – Da Nang – Hoi An?
Going to Hue – Da Nang – Hoi An, you will never have to worry about lacking a place to rest. There are many forms of accommodation for you to choose from such as: high-class hotels, affordable guesthouses, short-term homestays. Experience is that you should choose hotels and homestays in the city center for the most convenient transportation. It’s best to contact the reservation about 1 month in advance to avoid the case of “out of room” or the price spike at the time of your travel.
Some places to stay that you can refer to:
Luong’s Homestay Hue
A Hue homestay with spacious and generous space. Overall, the homestay is decorated in light colors with lots of windows to let in light from the outside. This will be a very suitable space for couples in love.
In particular, this homestay is only 15km from Phu Bai airport and also very close to famous Hue tourist attractions such as Hoang Thanh, Trang Tien bridge, so it is very convenient for moving.
Danang Golden Bay
Danang Golden Bay is a 5-star hotel with the most beautiful architecture in Danang. The entire hotel is plated with beautiful and luxurious 24k gold. The hotel also has a central location, so you can easily move to famous attractions such as Love Lock Bridge, Dragon Bridge, Con market, …
Mandila Beach Danang
Possessing a prime location with a view overlooking the beautiful My Khe beach, Mandila Beach Danang is located on the most beautiful Vo Nguyen Giap street in the city. Possessing a modern and luxurious design with a sophisticated interior decoration style, this will definitely be a stop you cannot miss when visiting the most livable city in Vietnam.
This hotel also has a full range of accompanying services such as relaxing spa, swimming pool, …
Tourism Hue – Da Nang – Hoi An: Where to go?
Places not to be missed when traveling to Hue
1. Hue Citadel (Hue Citadel)
- Address: Hue City , Thua Thien Hue
- Opening hours: 8:00am – 10:00 pm
- Reference ticket price: 100,000 VND/adult ticket, 20,000 VND/child ticket
Hue Citadel is located right on the romantic Perfume River. This is a place recognized as a World Cultural Heritage documenting the special imprints of the Nguyen Dynasty. Hue Citadel includes the area of the Imperial Citadel and the Forbidden City – the living and working place of the Nguyen kings.
Your Hue – Da Nang – Hoi An tour will certainly not be complete without once visiting Hue Citadel. In addition, if you are lucky enough to visit at the right time, you can also participate in many cultural and artistic events taking place here!
Visit the cluster of mausoleums in Hue
In the history of Vietnam, the Nguyen Dynasty experienced 13 kings, but only 7 kings designed tombs with their own unique architecture in this ancient capital. Detail:
- Tu Duc Tomb is considered the most beautiful mausoleum in Hue today.
- Minh Mang Tomb was built on the charming feng shui Cam Khe mountain.
- Khai Dinh Tomb is located on top of Chau Chu Mountain
- Gia Long Tomb is located on Thien Tho Mountain
- Dong Khanh Tomb in Thuong Hai Village
- The tomb of Thieu Tri is peaceful in Thuan Dao mountain area.
- Duc Duc Tomb in An Cu Ward is very simple
Experience when visiting Hue mausoleum is that you should buy tickets in clusters, currently tickets are issued as follows:
- Cluster 1: Tomb of Minh Mang, Khai Dinh, Tu Duc, ticket price is 75,000 VND/adult and 15,000 VND/child.
- Cluster 2: Gia Long Tomb, Thieu Tri, Hon Chen Palace, An Dinh Palace: ticket price is 25,000 VND/adult, free for children.
Thien Mu Pagoda in Hue
- Address: Huong Hoa, Hue City, Huong Hoa Hue City, Thua Thien Hue
- Opening hours: 8:00am – 6:00pm
- Ticket price: Free
Thien Mu Pagoda is located right next to the gentle Perfume River, built in 1601 during the reign of King Nguyen Hoang. Visiting Thien Mu Pagoda, you can’t forget the 21m-high Phuoc Duyen tower, designed with 7 floors, each floor has a golden Buddha image. In addition, Thien Mu Pagoda also has a complex of other works such as: Dia Tang Palace, Quan Am Temple, Dai Hung Palace along with hundreds of Buddha statues and stone steles.
Exploring Thien Mu Pagoda will help you understand more about an iconic part of Hue. Visiting the pagoda, wishing for peace for yourself and your family is also very interesting thing that everyone wants when coming to the dreamland of Hue.
Trang Tien Bridge
- Address: Phu Hoa, Thua Thien Hue, Hue City
Trang Tien Bridge is the symbol of Hue ancient capital. The bridge was built at the end of the 19th century, crossing the romantic and gentle Perfume River. After many renovations, the bridge now has a length of 402m including 6 comb-shaped steel beam spans, each span is about 67m.
Trang Tien Bridge is a historical witness of the land of the ancient capital that has witnessed many times of bombardment during the resistance war. Standing on the bridge to admire the ancient capital, listening to the singing and chanting on the Perfume River is a peaceful and simple thing when coming to Hue.
Lang Co Beach
Lang Co beach is considered one of the most beautiful bays in the world with wonderful natural scenery, long fine white sand, and lyrical blue sea.
Lang Co Beach is located right between Hai Van Pass and Phu Gia Pass, only 30km from the center of Da Nang city, so it is very convenient for you to move and travel to Da Nang afterwards. You can experience bathing, swimming, playing sports on the sea… combined with exploring Hai Van Pass is very convenient.
- Suggestion: Hue City Tour – Private Tour
Top 5 hottest tourist destinations in Da Nang
My Khe Beach
According to the travel experience of Hue – Da Nang – Hoi An of those who went before, you should definitely visit and bathe at My Khe beach, one of the 6 most charming beaches on the planet. This beautiful beach owns a long coastline, white sand, smooth. Coming here, you can not only immerse yourself in the turquoise sea but also experience fishing, windsurfing, scuba diving, soccer on the beach, canoeing, skydiving…
In addition, My Khe beach is also a place where cultural and artistic activities continuously take place. Rest, dining, and entertainment services around My Khe beach are also very developed to ensure you have a very enjoyable day.
Ba Na Hills
- Address: Hoa Phu, Hoa Vang, Da Nang
Coming to Hue – Da Nang – Hoi An, you cannot ignore Ba Na tourist area – a hot tourist destination in recent years. Ba Na Hills has many beautiful areas for you to visit famous such as:
- Fantasy Park: Inside there are 90 attractive games for you to enjoy.
- French Village : This is a place likened to a miniature “Europe” in the heart of Da Nang.
- Debay Wine Cellar : This is a “secret cellar” that stores a lot of wines. Opening hours: 8:00 am – 5:00 pm.
- Le Jardin D’Amour Flower Garden: A brilliant garden with 9 small flower gardens. Opening hours: 8:00 am – 6:00 pm.
- Golden Bridge : Built on a height of more than 1000 m, about 150m long, designed into a giant hand for you to live virtual. Opening time is around 8:00 am – 7:00 pm.
- Wax Museum : This is considered the first wax statue display area in Vietnam with 49 wax figures of world-famous businessmen, politicians, and stars.
In addition, if you are lucky, you may also have the opportunity to attend Flower Festivals, Summer Carnival, B’estival Beer Festival, Halloween Festival, Wine Festival, Winter Festival… at any time of the year. five.
Son Tra Peninsula
- Address : Da Nang, Vietnam
Son Tra Peninsula is about 10km northeast of Da Nang city center. This is a primeval old forest with an extremely rich flora and fauna world.
Coming to Son Tra peninsula, you cannot ignore Linh Ung Pagoda with a 67m high statue of Quan The Am Bodhisattva, Ban Co Peak and an ancient banyan tree over 800 years old. Besides, don’t forget to experience other great things on this peninsula:
- Visit Rada station 29 – Indochinese divine eye
- Helipad: This is a military airport area built in 1961 during the war against the US.
- Tien Sa Port
- Tien Sa eco-tourism area walking, climbing, boating, camping…
- Mui Nghe: This is the ideal place to catch the first sunrise in Da Nang
- Discover beautiful beaches: Bai Nam, Bai But are two beautiful beaches famous for their blue sea and white sand for you to enjoy swimming, snorkeling, snorkeling, fishing, rowing squid fishing…
Hai Van Pass
- Address : Lang Co, Phu Loc, Thua Thien Hue
Hai Van Pass is a place located between Thua Thien Hue province and Da Nang that is very suitable for your trip. Hai Van Pass is located winding along the coast, so just passing the pass, you will reach the top to see the whole peaceful city from above, in the distance is Cu Lao Cham island. In addition, you can also stop to admire Nam Quan Ai, Lang Co beach and live a super quality virtual life!
Iconic bridges of Da Nang city
When traveling to Hue – Da Nang – Hoi An, you cannot ignore the bridges that carry the souls of Da Nang people. That is:
- Dragon Bridge: The design is similar to the Dragon with a length of about 666m, a width of 37.5m, spanning the Han River. Dragon Bridge is attached with 15,000 LED lights, so it is beautiful and sparkling at night. Do not miss the opportunity to admire the Dragon Bridge spitting fire and water at 9pm every Saturday and Sunday!
- Han River Swing Bridge: The bridge was built right on the Han river, connecting Le Duan and Pham Van Dong streets, Da Nang. The bridge is more than 487m long, nearly 13m wide, including 11 spans, 33m each. The bridge can rotate 90 degrees according to a fixed rotation schedule to allow vehicles to pass.
- Tran Thi Ly Bridge: The bridge was put into operation in 2013, designed in European architectural style. The bridge has a 3-way cable-stayed system combined with cable-stayed pillars to form a 145m-tilt tower like the symbol of a sail from the Han River to the windy East Sea.
- Love Bridge : This is a favorite place for many couples, inspired by the famous love lock bridges in Europe. The bridge is decorated with many lanterns, which is a great place to take photos for visitors.
Top 5 places not to be missed when traveling to Hoi An
Hoi An Market
Hoi An Market is the largest market in Hoi An, which sells all kinds of items such as clothes, shoes, souvenirs, food, etc. to serve people and tourists. You can learn about the cultural beauty, customs and habits of Hoi An people and choose to buy a lot of souvenirs and specialties of Hoi An for your loved ones when walking around the market.
Hoi An Market is also ranked in the top 6 of the world’s best “food paradise” voted by the American magazine, so you should not miss the delicious dishes such as Quang noodles, Hoi An bread, banh khot, Cao Cao. Floor… when you come here!
The opening hours of the market are from early morning until late at night. The Japanese bridge located right next to the market is also an ideal photo spot that is loved by many tourists.
Cua Dai Beach
- Address: Hoi An City, Quang Nam
If you like swimming and experiencing fun activities on the sea, you can’t miss Cua Dai Beach. This is the most beautiful beach in Hoi An with long white sand beaches, turquoise water and peaceful coconut trees on the sandy shore.
Coming to Cua Dai beach, you not only have the opportunity to walk on the beach, relax in the cool breeze, swim, but also wake up early to catch the sunrise, catch fishing boats parked on the beach or go fishing. …
Around Cua Dai beach, there are also many famous restaurants and resorts for you to have great relaxing moments!
Thanh Ha Pottery Village
Thanh Ha Pottery Village is located only about 2km from the center of the old town, built right along the romantic Thu Bon River. This is a place specializing in the production of ceramic products since the 16th century. Ticket price is only 15,000 VND / turn.
Visiting the pottery village, you will experience the meticulous stages of pottery making and firing. Artist Thanh Ha always refines each product, carefully in each stage to create eye-catching souvenirs for you to choose as gifts for your loved ones.
Thanh Ha Terracotta Park is the largest ceramic park in Vietnam, a place to display, exhibit and sell ceramic products. Coming here, you must definitely take pictures at the architecture and wonder of the world that is completely depicted in ceramics!
Tam Thanh Mural Village
Tam Thanh Bich Hoa Village is about 30km from the center of the old town. This is a coastal fishing village adorned with entirely hand-painted walls by Korean and Vietnamese painters. All the paintings revolve around the image of Vietnamese people and contain meaningful stories.
Come here to pose for pictures with lots of fun and funny pictures here!
My Son Sanctuary Hoi An
My Son Sanctuary is about 40km from the center of the old town. This is the place where the tombs of the kings of the ancient Champa dynasty are located, which has been recognized by UNESCO as a World Cultural Heritage.
My Son Sanctuary was built in the 4th century and is famous for its 70 temples and towers with Champa style. The unique architecture of the holy place consists of a complex of ancient styles, My Son, Hoa Lai, Dong Duong, Binh Dinh and PoNagar influenced by Hindu beliefs.
The overall sanctuary consists of 2 hills facing each other, architectural complexes and natural springs. The center of the Sanctuary is the main tower of Kalan and many smaller towers around it. The main tower is 24m high, the bottom of the square tower consists of 8 steps going up to the arch in the shape of a small tower. Inside the large Linga – Yoni worship tower, decorated with very sophisticated patterns.
Here you also have the opportunity to attend the Kaê festival, the magical Apsara dance. Ticket price is: 100,000 VND / Vietnamese and 150,000 VND / foreign guests.
6. Cham Island
- Address : Tan Hiep, Hoi An, Quang Nam
Cham Island is the most famous tourist destination in Hoi An. Cu Lao Island consists of a population of 8 small islands stretching in a very unique bow shape. If you want to go to Cu Lao Cham, you have to start from Cua Dai Port and take a canoe for about 15 minutes.
Cu Lao Cham has countless beautiful beaches such as Lang beach, Ong beach, Chong beach, Xep beach, Huong beach… very suitable for swimming and experiencing fun activities on the beach. Experiencing coral diving, night squid fishing, and camping on the beach are also very interesting.
Cu Lao Cham Marine Protected Area is also not to be missed to help you learn the beauties and customs of the sea people. Champa ancient well and Hai Tang pagoda on Cu Lao Cham island are famous and sacred. In addition, coming here you cannot miss the opportunity to shop at Tan Hiep Market with countless items and souvenirs for your loved ones.
Cu Lao Cham is also famous for many delicious and attractive seafood dishes such as: rock crab, one-sun squid, wild vegetables, little cake with prickly leaves, her breast snail, grilled oysters… Don’t forget to enjoy!
What to eat when traveling to Hue – Da Nang – Hoi An?
Dining experience when traveling to Hue
Hue cuisine is very diverse and unique. Do not ignore some suggestions of HaloTravel below:
- Specialty Com Hen: A rustic and super cheap dish only about 7,000 VND/ bowl. You can enjoy it at restaurants on Truong Dinh Street, An Dinh Palace, and Han Mac Tu Street.
- Hue beef noodle soup: The best is at 13 Ly Thuong Kiet, Ba My beef noodle soup at 71 Nguyen Cong Tru, Journalist’s Hoi beef noodle soup at 22 Le Loi…
- Hue Banh Beo: Unforgettable when coming to Ngu Binh Street, An Dinh Palace, Nguyen Binh Khiem Street…
- Hue figs: A rustic delicacy often served with vermicelli, snails, meat, fish…
- Banh Khoai: The best place to eat banh chung is Mai Thuc Loan street, Lac Thien cake at Tran Hung Dao junction…
What to eat when traveling to Da Nang?
Here are some suggestions for delicious, delicious and cheap dishes not to be missed when traveling to Da Nang for you:
- Banh xeo, spring rolls: Good places to eat are Ba Duong restaurant Hoang Dieu Street, Ms Nho Trung Nu Vuong street, Miss Muoi restaurant Chau Thi Vinh Te street…
- Quang noodles: Quang noodle specialties cannot be forgotten by Mrs. Mua’s shop on Tran Binh Trong street, Quang noodles by Da Nang people on 2-9 streets, Quang noodle chain near Dragon bridge…
- Rice paper rolls with pork: Delicious when eating at Tran pork rice paper shop at 4 Le Duan, Dai Loc restaurant on Trung Nu Vuong street, Mau pork rice paper shop on Do Thuc Tinh street…
- Banh beo, nam, filter, little ceiling : The best is at Beo Ba Be cake located on Hoang Van Thu street, Quan Van Thanh Tinh street…
- Wet cake, grilled meat vermicelli: Address of Hong Nguyet restaurant on Hoang Dieu street, Ba Trai restaurant on Dong Da street, Xuan restaurant on Hai Phong street.
- Dumpling rice paper: Should be eaten at Ba Tu restaurant on Le Duan street, pound cake shop on Trieu Nu Vuong street, banh beo shop and pound cake on Phan Chu Trinh street.
- Bun mam seasoning : Address of Ms. Thuyen restaurant on Le Duan street, Ngoc restaurant on Doan Thi Diem street, a row of noodle soup with seasoning on Tran Ke Xuong street.
- Dried beef salad, mixed jackfruit: Good places to eat are at Pham Van Nghi mixed jackfruit shop, dried beef salad on Ong Ich Khiem street, Lan Diep restaurant located on Bui Thi Xuan street.
Delicious dishes not to be missed when traveling to Hoi An
Please keep in mind some delicious dishes and places to eat in Hoi An below:
- Cao Lau dishes: Good places to eat at Cao Lau Lien restaurant at 9 Thai Phien, Cao Lau Ba Be restaurant in Hoi An market, Cao Lau Thanh restaurant on Thai Phien street…
- Hoi An chicken rice: A good place to eat at Ba Buoi chicken restaurant at 22 Phan Chu Trinh, A Ty chicken rice shop…
- Hoi An bread: Should be eaten at Phan Chu Trinh street, Hoi An market…
Tourism Hue – Da Nang – Hoi An: What to buy as a gift?
If you want to buy Hue specialties to bring back as gifts for your loved ones such as: Hue royal tea, Hue sesame, sour shrimp paste, Lang Co oyster sauce, spring rolls and tre, areca candy, melaleuca oil, green bean cake, fruit, etc. Hue conical hat…
If you want to buy Da Nang specialties, don’t forget these delicious dishes: fried squid with rice, one-sun squid, spicy dried beef fish, dried deer, My Khe seaweed, Ba Lieu sesame cake, Ba De’s baby, Thai Binh baked sugar cake, Da Nang dried lychee fish, dried stingray, ram milk crab…
And if you want to buy gifts in Hoi An, don’t forget: green bean cake, Hoi Pho chili sauce, To cake, Hong Dao wine, little cake with hemp leaves, hearing sauce, Cam Thanh sauce, grilled coconut cake…
Experience is that you should buy gifts at reputable places, pay attention to the expiration date of the product. If you buy specialties at the markets, you can pay the price in advance to get the most affordable price!
The article has compiled travel experiences Hue – Da Nang – Hoi An for your reference. If you are preparing to travel, do not forget the above useful experiences!