Phong Nha – Ke Bang National Park is likened to “a fairyland” or “a royal palace in the ground” with a wild and beautiful natural scene like an ink painting that the Creator has bestowed on the people. That is why Phong Nha has become an attractive tourist destination for domestic and foreign tourists, Phong Nha tourism you should refer to some Phong Nha – Ke Bang 2022 travel experiences below for a more complete trip and interesting.
Where is Phong Nha Ke Bang located?
Phong Nha – Ke Bang National Park is located in Bo Trach and Minh Hoa districts, in Quang Binh province, about 50 km from Dong Hoi to the northwest and about 500 km from Hanoi capital to the south.
Phong Nha Ke Bang is associated with historical heroic feats. Here, is the interference between the primeval forest and the Son River, along with the dry water cave and the water cave creating an ink painting that captivates visitors. Phong Nha, Ke Bang is recognized by UNESCO as a world natural heritage.
See More: Danang To Phong Nha Private Car
What month should I travel to Phong Nha Ke Bang?
Phong Nha Ke Bang travel experience, first if you plan to explore this place, you need to have a clear understanding of the climate of Quang Binh land. It belongs to the tropical monsoon climate zone with two distinct seasons:
- Dry season (from April to August): The temperature outside is 36-37°C, the temperature in the cave is always at 20-21°C which is very cool and pleasant. This is a quite favorable time to participate in cave explorations in the heart of the world natural heritage Phong Nha – Ke Bang.
- Rainy season (from September to March next year) : Characterized by the northeast monsoon, the average rainfall is from 2,000mm to 2,300mm/year. In the high water season, the rising water of the Son River will obscure the entrance of the cave, tourist boats cannot enter here, so it is impossible to visit Phong Nha Cave. As for the dry caves: Tien Son Cave, Thien Duong Cave, you can still visit normally.
=> Therefore, the best time to travel Phong Nha – Ke Bang is from April to August because the weather is quite favorable for sightseeing and tourism.
Directions to Phong Nha Ke Bang
Phong Nha Ke Bang belongs to Bo Trach district, Dong Hoi city, so you need to move to Dong Hoi city first, then take more buses, taxis, motorbike taxis to Phong Nha Ke Bang (50 km). I would like to share with you the itinerary as follows:
+ Airplane : Vietnam Airlines, VietJetAir, Bamboo Airways… all have flights from Saigon to Dong Hoi airport, flight time is about 1 hour 30 minutes, then from this airport take a taxi to Phong Nha Ke Bang (45 kilometer).
+ Train : TP line. Ho Chi Minh – Dong Hoi. Ticket price: 4600,000 VND to 1,300,000 VND depending on ticket class
+ Passenger car : There are many direct bus trips from Hanoi/Saigon to Phong Nha cave, the price is only about 250,000 VND or more, which is much cheaper than other types of vehicles. Details you can see at: Bus Hanoi – Phong Nha, Quang Binh ,
The means of transportation from Dong Hoi to Phong Nha Ke Bang are as follows:
- If you want to organize your own sightseeing, you can rent a tourist car from 4 to 45 seats.
See More: Phong Nha Car Rental with Driver – Phong Nha Private Car
- Taxi costs about 25,000/km, you can refer to the following companies: Dong Hoi Taxi: (0232) 3841,841; Xuyen Viet Taxi: (0232) 384.84.84; Mai Linh Taxi: (0232) 3835,835; Taxi Quang Binh: (0232) 382.82.82
Where to book a hotel in Phong Nha Ke Bang?
Phong Nha Ke Bang travel experience is self-sufficient, I see that there are not too many hotels nearby, but if you still want to stay, you can refer to the list of hotels near Phong Nha Ke Bang AT HERE .
Map and ticket price to visit Phong Nha Ke Bang 2022
To make it easier for you to visit and explore Phong Nha Ke Bang National Park, here is a tourist map of Phong Nha Ke Bang for your reference:
- Paradise Cave: 250,000 VND/adult, children 1.1m – 1.3m equal 50% of adult ticket.
- Phong Nha cave: 150,000 VND/adult, children under 1.3m are free to visit.
- Tien Son Cave: 80,000 VND/adult, children under 1.3m are free to visit.
- Mooc Spring: Entrance fee is 80,000 VND/adult, children under 1m3 are free. Package ticket 180,000 VND/ 01 ticket/ 01 adult. Children: 100,000 VND/time.
- Phong Nha Botanical Garden: 40,000 VND/ 01 ticket/ 01 adult, children equal 50% of adult fare
What’s so beautiful about Phong Nha Ke Bang?
Phong Nha tourism should go where to play ? To be able to fully explore the places, you should spend the best time to travel Phong Nha 3 days 2 nights. Below, are the most beautiful Phong Nha Ke Bang tourist attractions for visitors to make it easier for visitors to learn and explore this national park.
Phong Nha Cave
The cave has a length of 8km, is the cave with the longest underground river system in the world. To enter Phong Nha cave, visitors get off a motorboat and follow the Son River to enter the cave. When entering Phong Nha cave, you will feel the cool and pleasant atmosphere, especially in the summer when the temperature is only 17-20 degrees Celsius. Coming here, you can’t help but disembark in the cave to enjoy the beauty of the cave. The beauty of the beautiful nature is known as the “First cave” of the magnificent beauty of nature. Explore Bi Ky, Co Tien and Cung Dinh caves to see beautiful stalactites with different colors and shapes.
If you go in a large group, you should rent a boat separately, and if there are few people, you should join. Boat to visit Phong Nha Cave 2021: 550,000 VND / 1 boat with life jacket, carrying up to 12 guests including children.
Tien Son Cave
Coming to Phong Nha cave, it is impossible not to visit Tien Son cave, considered a twin of nature, a famous sightseeing place in Phong Nha . Coming to Tien Son cave, you will feel like you are in the heavenly, mysterious and magical realm. Tien Son Cave is named by tourists as “Nam Thien De Nhat Cave”, Tien Son Cave is considered a castle of stalactites with thousands of colorful stalactites…
Boat to visit Phong Nha Cave & Tien Son Cave: 550,000 VND/ 1 boat/ 12 guests with life jackets
Dubbed “the palace in the ground” with the most magical and magnificent scenery in the world and the longest dry cave in Asia, surrounded by Phong Nha – Ke Bang National Park. In the cave with countless stalactites with different shapes, in which famous stalactites like the statue of the Virgin Mother holding a baby; The Giao Tri Palace is the place where the Jade Emperor discussed the country with his courtiers, surrounded by statues of unicorns, phoenixes… Thien Duong cave and Phong Nha cave are considered the two most beautiful caves in Phong Nha – Ke tourist area. Bang.
Tram transfer service:
- Tram 4 seats: 01 way ticket price: 60,000 VND / route / time. Round trip ticket price: 100,000 VND/route/round
- 06-seat tram: One-way ticket price: 90,000 VND/route/way. Round trip ticket price: 150,000 VND / route / round
- Electric car 8 seats: 200,000vnd/car/round
- 14-seat electric car: 350,000vnd/car/round
Hang En Cave
It is the cave that attracts the most domestic and foreign tourists today in Vietnam, with a rare landscape. En cave has a length of more than 1.6 km, including 3 gates, the ceiling of the cave is 100 m high, 170 m widest. In the heart of the cave is a clear blue stream that winds and leads to Son Doong mountain. On the ceiling with stalactites with many shapes of nests of thousands of swallows and bats, En cave is beautiful and attractive, but not everyone has the courage to explore because the way to the cave is very dangerous and easy to get lost.
From Phong Nha Ke Bang tourist area to Mooc Spring about 10km. This is a wild tourist area, with poetic scenery, charming fresh air, becoming an attractive tourist destination and ideal resort when coming to Quang Binh. You can kayak in Nuoc Mooc stream to explore the beautiful scenery here.
- Package service ticket 180,000 VND / 1 ticket / 1 adult (Including: Stream bathing, Jumping, Kayaking, Life jackets, Paddles, Rescue). Children: 100,000 VND/time.
- Entrance ticket: 80,000 VND / 01 ticket / 01 adult, children under 1.3m are free to visit.
What to eat when traveling to Phong Nha Ke Bang?
Phong Nha Ke Bang travel experience, coming here you cannot help but enjoy the famous specialties here, including dishes such as:
Porridge soup is a famous dish in Phong Nha Ke Bang, bearing the flavor of the hometown of Quang Binh people and has the same taste as pho in Hanoi.
Filter cake is popular with many tourists when traveling to Phong Nha Ke Bang because of its unique flavor. Or oyster porridge, brown rice pancakes, blood cockles, when steamed, they absorb water and are sweet; grouper, Hanh fish, grilled pomfret, squid…
What to buy in Phong Nha Ke Bang as a gift?
Popular dishes and specialties of Quang Binh land are many, you can choose to buy gifts to give to relatives and friends such as: Tan An rice paper, Quang Thanh commune (Quang Trach), dried seafood Bao Ninh commune , Hai Thanh shrimp paste (Dong Hoi), Duc Trach fish sauce (Bo Trach), Hai Ninh sweet potato, Vo Xa wine (Quang Ninh)…
Shopping addresses near Phong Nha Ke Bang, you can refer to the suggestions below:
Dong Hoi Market: The commercial center of the province
- Address: Mother Suot Street – Dong Hoi City
- Phone of Market Management Board: (0232) 3850 057
Hieu Hang Supermarket
- Address: 27 Nguyen Huu Canh – Dong Hoi City
- Phone: (0232) 3840 969
The Anh Supermarket
- Address: 230 Ly Thuong Kiet – Dong Hoi City
- Phone: (0232) 3500 199
Danangprivatecar.com hopes that the above sharing of Phong Nha – Ke Bang travel experiences in 2022 will provide you with useful and necessary information for your trip to be more fun and exciting. In addition, you can refer to some useful information such as: