How many kilometers from Hoi An to Hue? If you have upcoming travel or business plans from the ancient town of Hoi An to Hue and are unsure about the distance between these two destinations and the most convenient and efficient mode of transportation, this article from DanangPrivateCar.com will provide you with valuable insights regarding the question “how many kilometers from Hoi An to Hue?” along with some suggestions for attractive tourist spots in Hue. This will ensure you have a smooth journey and a memorable experience.
How many kilometers is it from Hoi An to Hue?
Hoi An is well-known and loved by tourists for its ancient and serene beauty as an old trading port with unique architectural houses from the past, small streets with vibrant lantern lights, a gentle river flowing through the old town, and exceptional traditional dishes.
On the other hand, Hue is a dreamy city with the Perfume River and Ngu Mountain. It is an ancient capital with historical relics such as the Hue Imperial City Complex, Thien Mu Pagoda, Van Mieu, and Hue National School.
Currently, the route from the center of Hoi An to the center of Hue is over 120 km in length. This is not a short distance, but it is also not excessively long, allowing you to visit both of these destinations in one trip. It would take you approximately under 3 hours to travel the distance from Hoi An to Hue (or vice versa).
How to travel from Hoi An to Hue?
If you want to travel from Hoi An to Hue (or vice versa from Hue to Hoi An), there are several main ways: by motorbike, by bus, or by private car with a driver. Additionally, you can also take a taxi, but keep in mind that with a distance of 120 km, the taxi fare is likely to be quite expensive.
Route from Hue to Hoi An and vice versa
Starting from the center of Hue City, begin your journey by heading towards An Duong Vuong – Nguyen Tat Thanh and then onto National Highway 1A. Continue on National Highway 1A / Ly Thanh Tong and make a left turn onto Phuoc Tuong Tunnel Road. After passing through Phuoc Tuong Tunnel, turn right to continue on National Highway 1A, then reach the intersection of Hai Van Pass and National Highway 1A. You can either continue on National Highway 1A to go through the tunnel or turn right to take the Hai Van Pass route.
- If you choose the Hai Van Pass route, you can stop at the pass to admire the scenery, including Lang Co and Hai Van Gate. This can be a very enjoyable experience. However, this route can also be prone to robberies, so you need to be cautious. It’s recommended to avoid traveling through the pass too early in the morning or too late at night for safety reasons.
After completing the pass, proceed straight across the Lien Chieu Bridge, onto Nguyen Van Cu Street, cross Nam O Bridge to Nguyen Luong Bang Street, and at the intersection, turn left onto Nguyen Tat Thanh Street. Continue straight and then turn right onto Nguyen Sinh Sac Street. At the third intersection, turn onto Hoang Thi Loan Street. From there, head towards the roundabout and take the second exit onto Truong Chinh / National Highway 1A. Continue driving along National Highway 1A for about 5 km, then turn left at Trang Huyen Nguyen Company onto Le Dai Hanh Street. At the next roundabout, take the first exit onto Nguyen Huu Tho Street. Continue straight until you reach Nguyen Tri Phuong Bridge / Vo Chi Cong Street. From here, continue on Vo Chi Cong Street and then turn right onto Tran Dai Nghia Street. After a short distance, you will reach Hoi An.
- If you choose the tunnel route, drive your vehicle near the tunnel entrance and park your motorbike at the tunnel management office of Hai Van Pass. A truck will transport your motorbike through the tunnel, and you’ll take a shuttle to the other side. Upon arriving, you’ll receive your motorbike back. At the roundabout, turn left onto National Highway 1A / Ta Quang Buu Street. Continue on Ta Quang Buu Street and then turn right onto Nguyen Van Cu Street, following the directions as mentioned above.
If you’re traveling from Hoi An to Hue, you can reverse this itinerary. Additionally, there are many other routes you can consider, which you can explore on Google Maps.
What is the best mode of transportation from Hoi An To Hue?
The demand for visiting Hue is always high during tourist seasons. Therefore, there are numerous modes of transportation available for you to travel from Hoi An To Hue. Below are some popular options for traveling from Hoi An that you can use.
Bus from Danang to Hue
Buses are a popular option when Travel from Hoi An to Hue. Some car parks running on the route from Hoi An – Hue such as Hai Hoang Gia, Sinh Tourist, KT Travel Hue, … with the usual price from 99,000 VND / trip to 120,000 VND / trip.
There are also some high quality car brands such as HAV Limousine Passenger Bus, Hue Tourist Bus, Tan Quang Dung Limousine … with prices of about 170,000 VND to 180,000 VND / trip.
Limousine bus from Hoi An to Hue
In addition to passenger cars, Limousine is also one of the most popular transportation options today because customers experience high-class and luxurious services but the price is still affordable.
Some popular Limousine brands that you can refer to are Huong Giang Limousine, Tan Quang Dung, and HAV with:
- The price fluctuates around 140,000 – 180,000 VND.
- Departure time from 6:00 am to 5:00 pm
In addition to the above car companies, you should consider the additional unit, which connects Limousine brands on the route from Da Nang to Hue to bring the best price and the best service quality for you.
Taxi from Hoi An to Hue
If you are traveling with families with young children or elderly parents, a taxi from Hoi An to Hue is the ideal choice for you. Because you are completely proactive for the schedule, move freely in time, private space.
In Hoi An, there are many reputable taxi companies that you can consider using such as Mai Linh Taxi, Vinasun, Tien Sa, …. depending on the car company or car model, the price may change.
Instead of spending a lot of time calling to check the price of each taxi company, Go Taxi Danang Airport is the unit that connects taxi companies in Hoi An, you can actively compare prices and choose the most appropriate service. with the most economical cost.
Hoi An To Hue By Motorbike
For those who love to travel, motorcycles are always the preferred means of choice. At this distance, you can Hoi An to Hue Motorbike Tour with more economical and proactive cost for your journey.
Accordingly, if you ride a motorbike from Hoi An to Hue and vice versa, you can go by the pass or the tunnel.
In case of going along Hai Van Pass, you can stop at the back of the pass to admire Lang Co Beach, Hai Van Pass, … However, this section is prone to robbery so you should be careful, it is best not to go in. the morning is too early or too late.
Hoi An To Hue Private Car
Traveling from Hoi An To Hue by private car is a suitable choice for international tourists with families, groups of friends, elderly individuals, and children. Opting for a private car also allows you the convenience of exploring tourist spots along the way. Traveling in a private car lets you traverse the Hai Van Pass, where you can stop and leisurely enjoy the sights – an opportunity not possible with public transportation like buses. Booking your own private transport grants you the flexibility to depart at your preferred time, thereby helping you save time and arrange your itinerary more efficiently.
DanangPrivateCar.com’s is a leading provider of private car services with top-notch drivers in Vietnam. With an experienced team of drivers who have served international clients for many years, we ensure your journey is both safe and comfortable. Book your private car trip from Hoi An to Hue today to secure a special discounted rate.
Prominent tourist attractions in Hue.
Prominent tourist destinations in Hue when traveling from Hoi An include:
- Imperial City (Citadel): Explore the historical Imperial City, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, which offers a captivating glimpse into the grandeur of Vietnam’s past dynasties.
- Thien Mu Pagoda: Visit this iconic seven-story pagoda perched above the Perfume River, renowned for its tranquil beauty and deep historical significance.
- Tu Duc Tomb: Uncover the intricate architectural marvels and serene surroundings of Emperor Tu Duc’s tomb, one of the most impeccably preserved royal mausoleums in Hue.
- Khai Dinh Tomb: Marvel at the fusion of Western and Eastern architectural styles in the tomb of Emperor Khai Dinh, harmoniously set against the stunning backdrop of Chau E Mountain.
- Dong Ba Market: Immerse yourself in the local culture at this bustling market, offering an extensive array of goods including traditional crafts, locally sourced produce, and delectable street food.
- Perfume River Boat Tour: Embark on a leisurely boat cruise along the Perfume River to relish the picturesque landscapes and visit other landmarks such as Hon Chen Temple and Minh Mang Tomb.
These attractions provide a captivating narrative of Hue’s rich history and cultural heritage, making it a truly rewarding and insightful stop on your journey from Hoi An.
What should you pay attention to when traveling from Hoi An to Hue?
When traveling from Hoi An to Hue, there are several things you should consider as follows:
- Distance and Time: Make sure you understand the distance from Hoi An to Hue and calculate the travel time to ensure you have a reasonable time plan.
- Road Conditions: The mountainous road from Hoi An to Hue can be quite challenging and hazardous, especially during the rainy season. Ensure you have good driving skills and exercise caution while moving.
- Safety: When riding a motorbike, ensure you wear a helmet and obey traffic laws. Avoid riding at night or early in the morning as the mountainous road can be very dangerous in low light conditions.
- Theft and Security: Be cautious about the security situation. Avoid carrying valuable belongings and always prioritize your safety. If possible, seek local opinions about the security situation before traveling.
- Route Selection: If you prefer to avoid the challenging mountainous road, you can choose the route through the Hai Van Tunnel. However, you need to check for any new regulations regarding whether motorbikes are allowed through the tunnel before selecting this route.
- Private Car Service: If you want to avoid worries and enjoy the journey, you can use a private car service. This will allow you to relax and enjoy the scenery without worrying about driving.
Remember that the choice of transportation and route depends on your driving skills, weather conditions, and specific traffic situations at the time of your journey. Make sure you are well-prepared before embarking on the trip from Hoi An to Hue.
Above, DanangPrivateCar.com’s has shared with you valuable insights regarding the questions “how far is Hoi An from Hue?” and “what is the best mode of transportation from Hue to Hoi An?” as well as provided some information about tourist attractions and affordable dining options in Hue. Now, it’s time to pack your bags and head to Hue!