Datanla Waterfall in Da Lat is a well-known tourist destination in Da Lat. It offers charming scenery and numerous famous attractions. One of these attractions is Datanla Waterfall, known for its majestic natural beauty, as well as its mild and cool climate.
It is considered one of the most beautiful waterfalls in Lam Dong province and is a place that attracts many tourists with thrilling adventure activities.
In this article, let’s explore more details about this famous waterfall and the exciting activities you can enjoy here with Danang Private Car’s.
Introduction to Datanla Waterfall in Dalat.
Datanla Waterfall in Dalat is one of the most beautiful waterfalls in Dalat. Dalat is known as a charming tourist destination. Datanla Waterfall has a fairly abundant flow of water throughout the year. The water source here is relatively stable. Datanla Waterfall in Dalat is not as noisy as other waterfalls.
The waterfall has a water drop height of up to 20 meters. The lower part of the waterfall has very clear water all year round. Local people in this area call it the “fairy stream.” Especially in the tourist area, there is also an intriguing deep hole. Local people call it the “Death Abyss” of Datanla Waterfall in Dalat.
Where is Datanla Waterfall located?
Datanla Waterfall is situated in the Prenn Pass, approximately 10 kilometers from the city center of Dalat. The road leading to it is one of the most beautiful routes in the City of a Thousand Flowers. On both sides of the road, you’ll find vast pine forests with vibrant greenery.
This waterfall has a height of over 20 meters, which is higher than other waterfalls. It is also located at the headwaters of the stream, ensuring a constant and tranquil flow of water at all times. It is not as noisy as some of the other waterfalls.
Directions to Datanla Waterfall in Dalat
Many travelers can feel hesitant when it comes to navigating the roads to Dalat’s tourist destinations. However, the road to Datanla Waterfall in Dalat is quite straightforward. The route to Datanla Waterfall is easy to follow, as it is located right in the middle of the Prenn Pass in Dalat, which is the most beautiful mountain pass in the city.
If you take a look at the map we’ve provided, you’ll find it very easy to reach Datanla Waterfall quickly. We’ve also listed some nearby points of interest on the map for your reference, making it convenient to explore other famous tourist spots in Dalat without spending too much time on the road. Be a smart traveler!
The road to Datanla Waterfall is straightforward. Starting from Dalat Market, head downhill on the pass for about 5 kilometers. You’ll come across a sign for “KDL Thac Datanla,” which is the entrance to the tourist area. Simply park your vehicle and start your exploration.
If you’re looking for a quick, safe, and convenient transportation option with door-to-door service, you can consider booking a car rental service with drivers in Dalat From DanangPrivateCar.com. Their professional and English-speaking drivers will make your journey even easier.
Datanla Waterfall Opening Hours
Datanla Waterfall tourist area in Dalat begins welcoming its first visitors of the day at 7:30 AM and closes at 5:00 PM. However, for those visitors who wish to organize special events or galas at the waterfall, you can contact Datanla Waterfall in advance.
Datanla Waterfall Ticket Prices
Below are the updated ticket prices for Datanla Waterfall in 2023. These are the most current prices applied by the tourist area. You can find the ticket prices for Datanla Waterfall below:
- Ticket price for adults at the entrance is 50,000 VND per person.
- Ticket price for children at Datanla Waterfall is 25,000 VND per child.
- If you want to participate in the sledding activity, you can purchase a round-trip sledding ticket for 150,000 VND. This ticket price applies to the longest alpine coaster system in Vietnam.
When is the best time to visit Datanla Waterfall?
Dalat is often considered a year-round tourist paradise, and you can visit at any time of the year. You can experience all four seasons in a single day while exploring this city. However, based on the experience of conquering Datanla Waterfall in Dalat, it’s recommended to visit during the dry season, which typically runs from November to April of the following year. This period allows for comfortable and refreshing swimming and the most enjoyable outdoor activities.
Legend of Datanla Waterfall in Dalat
There are many stories surrounding this beautiful waterfall that have been passed down by the local people.
It is said that in the past, this waterfall remained hidden from view because it was shrouded and concealed by layers of trees and foliage. It was only when the indigenous minority people explored the area that they gave the waterfall a very endearing and poetic name, “Đạ Tam Nha,” which means “Under the Leaves There’s Water.” After the French and Kinh people set foot on the Dalat plateau, they learned about the waterfall, and its name evolved into Đatina, and eventually, Datanla. Regardless of its name, this waterfall has retained its natural beauty and poetic charm, embodying the essence of Dalat’s natural beauty.
Additionally, there is a story that tells of a brave warrior named K’Lang and a young lady named Hơbiang who met at Datanla Waterfall. It was here that K’Lang engaged in a fierce battle with a group of wild beasts, including two tiger spirits, two foxes, and seven wolves. The battle was intense, the wind howled, and the trees shook as if the earth and sky trembled.
The red leaves of the forest created deep holes, one of which became the “Vuc Tu Than” or the “Abyss of Death” at the foot of the waterfall. Since then, Datanla, with its legendary tale, has become a romantic rendezvous for many couples who visit Dalat.
Activities to Try at Datanla Waterfall
Datanla Waterfall’s natural terrain provides an ideal setting for adventure activities. Let’s explore six exciting activities at Datanla that you shouldn’t miss:
Build Willpower and Team Spirit with the Adventure Rope Course
Although this game is relatively new, the adventure rope course has become a favorite among both local and foreign tourists visiting this location. It’s suitable for both children and adults, with two difficulty levels: the high course (played on trees at heights of 10 – 20 meters) and the low course (played at a height of about 1 meter). Each course consists of 6 rounds with 80 progressively challenging obstacles that test the participants’ willpower and bravery.
When you participate in this game, you’ll be provided with safety equipment such as life jackets, helmets, harnesses, gloves, etc., to ensure your safety throughout the course. The ticket price for this activity is 350,000 VND per person.
A tip for you is to play this game in the morning when there are fewer visitors to avoid long lines and ensure you’re in the best spirit.
Experience an Adrenaline Rush with Alpine Coaster
Alpine coaster is a unique game available only at Dalat tourist areas. With a 1,000-meter-long track winding around the mountainside, this coaster has a sensor brake system to control the speed and maintain a safe distance between cars on the track.
The alpine coaster has two-seater cars, making it perfect for couples exploring Dalat. You can adjust the speed to your preference. If you want to enjoy the scenery more leisurely, set your speed between 10 km/h and 20 km/h. If you’re an adrenaline junkie who loves speed, you can go up to 40 km/h for an exhilarating experience.
As you ride the alpine coaster, you’ll experience the feeling of gliding above the ground, taking in the valley below the Prenn Pass, capturing memorable photos. When your car zooms through the pine forest, you might hear the soothing sounds of birds and the gentle rush of the waterfall.
Climbing Waterfalls, Waterslides, and Ziplining
To participate in these adventure activities, you’ll receive prior training and be equipped with internationally standardized gear. You’ll cross streams to reach a secluded, lesser-known waterfall, where you can choose from six challenges, such as climbing down dry rock walls, descending waterfalls, and ziplining, or free-fall jumping from a 12-meter height.
MIA.vn particularly recommends trying the waterfall rappelling adventure. This game offers seven levels of high waterfalls for you to explore. With a firm grip on the rappelling rope, feet secured against the rock face, and your body perpendicular to the mountain, the higher you go, the more exhilarating it becomes. When you reach the middle of the waterfall, you can pause, rest, and enjoy the panoramic view of the waterfall from above, offering the most vivid experience. If you’re physically fit and enjoy adventures, consider experiencing all seven levels of Datanla Waterfall.
Kayaking is a physically demanding activity suitable for those with good endurance. It’s not as extreme as other adventures but requires good teamwork with your fellow participants, making it a popular choice for many. Like other games, you’ll also need to attend a course to learn kayaking techniques, how to navigate rapids, and deal with whirlpools.
You’ll be equipped with safety gear like life jackets, helmets, and will be part of a team of 2-6 people, working together to overcome the challenges presented by the rapids.
Scenic Cable Car Ride at Datanla
Datanla boasts a 2,000-meter-long cable car line sloping southwestward. As you ride the cable car over the pine-covered hill, the sparsely populated suburban areas, you’ll get a view of the valley below the Prenn Pass.
If you’re hesitant to try adventure activities or have a fear of heights, take a leisurely walk on the forested stairway here. The stairway at Datanla Waterfall has a gentle slope, about 200 steps, and is approximately 1 kilometer in length, making it a comfortable walk that won’t leave you tired.
Simply walk on the staircase through the quiet pine forest at the foot of the Prenn Pass. This area has been well-preserved, retaining its natural beauty. You’ll hear the gentle, soothing sounds of the waterfall, and you’ll encounter a few small streams running nearby as you walk along the staircase. After about 30 minutes of walking, you’ll reach the base of Datanla Waterfall.
Tourist Attractions near Datanla Waterfall
While visiting Datanla Waterfall, you’ll find several other interesting tourist attractions within a short distance. Here are some of the notable places to explore in the vicinity of Datanla:
- Truc Lam Zen Monastery Dalat: Located just 2.6 kilometers away, Truc Lam Zen Monastery is a serene and picturesque destination known for its tranquil environment, stunning architecture, and beautiful gardens. It’s a great place to experience the peaceful atmosphere of a Zen monastery and enjoy the scenic surroundings.
- Dalat Cable Car: Situated approximately 4 kilometers from Datanla Waterfall, the Dalat Cable Car offers a breathtaking ride with panoramic views of the city and its surroundings. It’s a fantastic way to appreciate the natural beauty of Dalat from above.
- Prenn Waterfall: About 4.1 kilometers from Datanla, Prenn Waterfall is another captivating natural wonder in Dalat. It boasts lush greenery, a serene atmosphere, and opportunities for hiking and exploring. Prenn Waterfall is an excellent choice for nature enthusiasts.
- Tuyen Lam Lake: Located 4.2 kilometers away, Tuyen Lam Lake is a stunning freshwater lake surrounded by lush pine forests and rolling hills. You can enjoy a boat ride on the lake or explore the nearby Tuyen Lam Pagoda, which adds to the charm of the area.
- Dalat Railway Station: At a distance of 6.4 kilometers, the Dalat Railway Station is a historic landmark and a perfect place for those interested in the city’s colonial-era architecture and heritage. The station features unique French architectural elements and provides insights into the region’s history.
- Dalat Clay Tunnel: Situated 11.4 kilometers from Datanla Waterfall, the Dalat Clay Tunnel is an intriguing attraction that showcases intricate sculptures and artistry. It’s an excellent place for art lovers and those looking for a different kind of cultural experience.
Exploring these nearby attractions can enhance your visit to Datanla Waterfall and offer a more comprehensive experience of the beautiful city of Dalat. Whether you’re interested in natural wonders, cultural sites, or peaceful retreats, these destinations have something to offer for every traveler.
Tips for Conquering Datanla Waterfall
Tips for Visiting Datanla Waterfall
- Be cautious when exploring the waterfall: Avoid running or jumping around as the terrain is steep and can be dangerous.
- You can buy souvenirs for your family and friends at the souvenir shop.
- There’s a themed photo area where you can dress up for a fee of 50,000 VND per session.
- If you are traveling with children, pay close attention to their safety, as the terrain around the waterfall is uneven and has deep and potentially hazardous areas.
Tips for Conquering Datanla Waterfall Through Adventure Activities
- When participating in adventure activities, always follow the provided instructions and do not attempt to remove safety equipment or make unauthorized adjustments.
- Do not extend your arms outside the alpine coaster as it can be dangerous.
- Ensure that your health is in good condition before participating in adventure activities.
- Do not engage in adventure activities without permission.
- Dress comfortably for adventure activities and avoid wearing dresses.
Datanla Waterfall is indeed one of the most beloved destinations for visitors in Dalat. With the information provided here, I hope you will have a fantastic experience at Datanla Waterfall and a meaningful journey during your visit to Dalat.